Alone New Season

^^^ Yes totally agree on the bearing thing. Think it would of been easier to head for the beach and hike it. Would be longer but probably could make more miles in a day to your partner. I was thinking the same thing about arriving on target. Bushwhacking for 10 miles though that type of bush you could easily walk right by your partner and never know it. There's no way you would know how many miles you walked in a day. The father son team, when the son see's a seal and calls it a sea lion and he's a marine biologist isn't he.

Hey Guys,

I can answer a few of your questions on how things worked on the hike. If you watched the first episode they mentioned a safety team on the group that monitored the hikers as they made their trek. The hikers had no idea that there was a team on the ground monitoring their location. These teams knew where the hiker was at all times for safety reason for the fact they had an accident. This team knew exactly how to get the hiker to their partner as they knew exactly where the hiker was and in what direction to send them to meet up with their partner.

Hope that makes sense.

As for no logging roads, again these safety teams would give compass courses that would keep the hiker off the logging roads and in the bush in order to make the hike tougher. A lot of the terrain was flown by helicopter prior to the hikes in order to come up with a route for the hike.

Google earth is your friend when it comes to planning this type of stuff.

Hope that helps answers some of the questions asked.

I like the crab trap the brothers built, pretty cool idea, guess we will see if it works.

Looking forward to next Thursday.

Cheers

That sort of makes sense, thanks! I thought the hikers had just one compass course to follow throughout their hikes.
Having beachcombed in the area, I can say for certain that hiking the coast would be no easier. In some places it's impossible and could be very dangerous.

I figured out that gloves were provided to all contestants.

Where on VC Island does this take place and when? Weather looks brutal, cold and wet in that country would be hell for sure!!

Winter Harbour, Quatsino Sound area and I believe October. Last year I believe the winner was 72 days.

Happy to see the young guys from TO are starting to click.
They need a better shelter for sure but I think they are pretty tough.
The husband and wife team are looking good but wonder if she burns out.

Think I like the solo deal better however.

Back