Almost swamped at the Cap

B

Brisco

We went to the Cap today and had two hits and landed one undersize spring. What ruined the day was an idiot in a 29 foot Bayliner Tropy that came screaming by 10 feet away from everyone.He almost swamped a guy in a small Zodiac. Then when we got back to the launch it was plugged by 2 Bayliners that people had just left there. Are Bayliner owners the rednecks of boating?

i wonder what it would like to see 2 large unattended boats floating towards japan???;)

[8D]

This was at McDonald Beach and the tide was still low. These clowns left their sterndrives down and they were jammed on the ramp. The boat had yellow 1/4" poly rope for lines.And of course no fenders out. However I'm more upset with the idiot in the 29 footer.I got the name of his boat and will post it the next time I see him do this.

Doncha just love it when out of this whole ocean some knucklehead zooms right by you istead giving some space[V]

Today was trolling at Church Rock here comes this whale watching 40 ft-er i cant remember the name just zooming by, luckly not too close and drops a 4ft wake on us. :(
Rant of the day[:p]

Gee Brisco, was a bad day for you. Some days a guy should just not get out of bed.I am surprised that some people like other people because of what they buy, myself I like people because of who they are. I am a little slighted by your knee jerk reaction. You see I own a Bayliner too, and I do not consider myself a "REDNECK".I have seen some very inconsiderate boaters out on the water and in the boat launches, but they were of all makes and sizes.
Yes Brisco, I do agree that all three of these guys were jerks, but please don't tar us all with the same brush.;)
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Mikiki, My comments were tongue in cheek and I apologise if I offended Bayliner owners.

I got a pic of Calvin pi$$ing on Bayliner, tattoed on both sides of my boat. In the 8 years of it being there, only 1 Bayliner owner has taken the time to be-friend us.

They don't seem to have a humorous following of owners. [:p]

I got a pic of Calvin pi$$ing on Bayliner, tattoed on both sides of my boat. In the 8 years of it being there, only 1 Bayliner owner has taken the time to be-friend us.

They don't seem to have a humorous following of owners. [:p]

I'm a REDNECK and it don't rub off! Sometimes pompass asses drive like idiots also. This Redneck has saved some of them from their own stupidity on the water. Anyone can be an idiotic inconsiderate butt breathing dangerous Dave. It takes all kinds and on the water. Hey you are luck they didn't ram you. Be on the defense, keep your insurance paid up and wear your life jackets. [B)]

I'm a REDNECK and it don't rub off! Sometimes pompass asses drive like idiots also. This Redneck has saved some of them from their own stupidity on the water. Anyone can be an idiotic inconsiderate butt breathing dangerous Dave. It takes all kinds and on the water. Hey you are luck they didn't ram you. Be on the defense, keep your insurance paid up and wear your life jackets. [B)]

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

This was at McDonald Beach and the tide was still low. These clowns left their sterndrives down and they were jammed on the ramp. The boat had yellow 1/4" poly rope for lines.And of course no fenders out. However I'm more upset with the idiot in the 29 footer.I got the name of his boat and will post it the next time I see him do this.

That Bayliner didn't happen to have a couple of big Mercurys and a Honda Kicker on the back did it? With a name that is five letters in total?

That Bayliner didn't happen to have a couple of big Mercurys and a Honda Kicker on the back did it? With a name that is five letters in total?

Mikiki, My comments were tongue in cheek and I apologise if I offended Bayliner owners.

He Brisco, your apologies are certainly accepted. Thank you.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

He Brisco, your apologies are certainly accepted. Thank you.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

That's why I try to get in and out of that rea early! :) When a fair number of BOTH newbies AND self-appointed "fishing police" get together (and that rarely fails at in the mouth of the Cap at this time of year [V]) it is a volatile situation! Started trolling @ 5:50 AM just outside "Fisheries". Had a few nibbles on the Dundarave flats and 13.5 lb red spring in the box by 7:45AM. Left @ 8:45AM when it started to look like (and probably was) a wasp nest @ Ambleside! I guess I got out of there just in time! Went home to wake up my kids for breakfast and start marinating salmon for the evening barby. [^]

Oh... by the way... I own a Bayliner Trophy! As far as I know... it did not come with a REDNECK certificate! ;)

Oppi

That's why I try to get in and out of that rea early! :) When a fair number of BOTH newbies AND self-appointed "fishing police" get together (and that rarely fails at in the mouth of the Cap at this time of year [V]) it is a volatile situation! Started trolling @ 5:50 AM just outside "Fisheries". Had a few nibbles on the Dundarave flats and 13.5 lb red spring in the box by 7:45AM. Left @ 8:45AM when it started to look like (and probably was) a wasp nest @ Ambleside! I guess I got out of there just in time! Went home to wake up my kids for breakfast and start marinating salmon for the evening barby. [^]

Oh... by the way... I own a Bayliner Trophy! As far as I know... it did not come with a REDNECK certificate! ;)

Oppi

The new Trophys are unrelated to bayliner and if I was a Trophy owner I would make this known. 15 years ago, Bayliner built in this really neat function called a "see through hull" and used fiberglass to do it. I think I could kick a hole in those old style Bayliners. This lack of structural integrity didn't last long :D

The new Trophys are unrelated to bayliner and if I was a Trophy owner I would make this known. 15 years ago, Bayliner built in this really neat function called a "see through hull" and used fiberglass to do it. I think I could kick a hole in those old style Bayliners. This lack of structural integrity didn't last long :D

Hey cornfed...i am looking at a 93 trophy and i too have heard about the structural integrity opf the early hulls. When you say 15 years ago, and this being a 93 it is cutting it close. The boat is really well outfitted with newer power, canvas and the like...but i am a little leary of the hull questions. Anymore info would be great.

Getbent

Hey cornfed...i am looking at a 93 trophy and i too have heard about the structural integrity opf the early hulls. When you say 15 years ago, and this being a 93 it is cutting it close. The boat is really well outfitted with newer power, canvas and the like...but i am a little leary of the hull questions. Anymore info would be great.

Getbent

Back