All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
anti vac teachers won in bc. Wonder what they tell their students??
teachers union was on the radio saying they would only do support a provincial mandate, Provence said they left it up to the school boards. School boards saying they not supplied enough support and details from the Provence.

meanwhile coaches being mandated to get vaccinated.
Painting teachers as anti-vaxx is a horrible thing to say when, if you have listened to what the teachers union has said and your take away is that they are against vaccines or mandates.

I'll let others judge what their position is with this video.

Oct 8, 2021

Painting teachers as anti-vaxx is a horrible thing to say when, if you have listened to what the teachers union has said and your take away is that they are against vaccines or mandates.

I'll let others judge what their position is with this video.

Oct 8, 2021

you don’t think the teachers that are not vaccinated are not anti vaxed? How would you describe them then?

I never said all teachers are anti vac I said the anti vac teachers won.

as in the 5% that did not get vaccinated

you don’t think the teachers that are not vaccinated are not anti vaxed? How would you describe them then?

I never said all teachers are anti vac I said the anti vac teachers won.

as in the 5% that did not get vaccinated
I'll let others judge if your just stirring the pot with your posts.

It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
https://twitter.com/JackVWBacon

FDYwUaaVkAs25zs

https://twitter.com/adriandix

88 percent of people in critical care due to COVID-19 are not fully vaccinated.
See the breakdown by age here:

FDYtci2VkAAcZ_e

Maybe they like the pandemic so much that they don't want it to end?

Health Minister Adrian Dix - "Fifty times more likely to be in hospital if you are not vaccinated."

Step in the right direction
You have the right to stay unvaxxed, why is it a step in the right direction? Mandates are saying you have the right to not get vaxxed but you dont have the right to endanger others with that decision. You have the right to smoke cigarettes too, but you dont have the right to endanger others with your second hand smoke, how is this any different? Bask in your right to not get the jab but why do you care about mandates? I dont get it.

You have the right to stay unvaxxed, why is it a step in the right direction? Mandates are saying you have the right to not get vaxxed but you dont have the right to endanger others with that decision. You have the right to smoke cigarettes too, but you dont have the right to endanger others with your second hand smoke, how is this any different? Bask in your right to not get the jab but why do you care about mandates? I dont get it.
Fantastic last point, and something I have wondered about quite a bit, makes absolutely no sense to me.

The antivaxers are so concerned about their rights but completely ignore their responsibilities to the society they live in.
Real world data clearly shows that vaccination is the way out of this.
The fact that intelligent people are even debating the issue with them is beyond me. They represent only a tiny percentage
of the population so **** em.
Stop giving them so much press.

The antivaxers are so concerned about their rights but completely ignore their responsibilities to the society they live in.
Real world data clearly shows that vaccination is the way out of this.
The fact that intelligent people are even debating the issue with them is beyond me. They represent only a tiny percentage
of the population so **** em.
Stop giving them so much press.

A way out of what? It's an endemic now.

You can understand the benefits of vaccination but also see the major ethical and scientific flaws in vaccine mandates (and many/most of the covid rules). They are not mutually exclusive.

This group would be more vocal if not for the current cancel culture we live in that doesn't allow anyone to deviate from the generally accepted ideology for fear of professional or social outcast. Having a contrarian view just isn't ok anymore.

What exactly are we gaining from vaccine mandates at this point?

Where is the data to support any of the mandates?

Treating unvaccinated people like 2nd rate citizens is socially acceptable now and frankly embarrassing.

Do you think that helps with the vaccine uptake or hinders?

Our government has implemented this, and everyone parading around championing it are complicit. Same group that back in the day would have sent lepors to an island to fend for themselves.

The data? Man I dont get this, the data speaks for itself. The numbers are stark, you dont think following the science is a good idea? Dont get vaxxed if thats your choice. Why do you care about mandates? Nobody is talking about putting the unvaxxed on an island, but just like the smoking analogy unvaxxed are going to lose some privileges that expose the rest of the population to possible harm. What am I missing here? There is no mandate that says everyone has to get vaxxed, if you choose not to get vaxxed you will lose some privileges to protect the rest of the population.

I thought at first that it was a bit gutless of the province to not impose a province wide mandate for teachers, and that falling back on the "we aren't the employer, the school districts are" argument was just semantics.

But I see now there's more to it than that. Vancouver and Surrey are both up in the high end of vaccination rates, so their school boards have decided their risk is lower. Is it fair to impose controversial mandatory vax on them when their residents have already done the right thing?

Hopefully, school districts in areas with much lower vax rates will at least consider a mandate as a protection measure for studemts, and perhaps even to push the vax narrative in their region, although this latter isn't in their job description. But vaccines have become a divisive issue in places like Smithers and Enderby and Dawson Creek, so some boards may duck the rock throwing and opt for no mandate. That's OK. At least they were given the choice to come up with policy for their own situation instead of having it dumped on them from Victoria. A lot of vax resisters out in regional BC cite blanket policy and regulation foisted on them by city dwellers as a major reason for their opposition to the covid vaccine.

Nearly half (46%) of all COVID-related deaths in B.C. over the past month have been in fully vaccinated people

A direct quote from the article you linked

“ “50 times more likely to be in hospital if you’re unvaccinated, 50 times and I think it’s important to reflect on that,” said Health Minister Adrian Dix.”

But I see now there's more to it than that. Vancouver and Surrey are both up in the high end of vaccination rates, so their school boards have decided their risk is lower. Is it fair to impose controversial mandatory vax on them when their residents have already done the right thing?

are we now saying that if vaccination rates are high there is no need for mandates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back