All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also unpopular, but I think it should be fully decriminalized/legalized and just clean drugs provided. Let's end the nonsense that is street drugs.
I believe people are becoming more receptive to this.
Not only safer for user's but removes the criminal activity behind it.

Yes I understand the Covid risks for the unvaxxed. I’m saying in under 30 year olds it’s small, not completely gone. There is another side to this whole Covid thing that no one is talking about though. Sure, we’ve saved some people with all the lockdowns and mandates etc but we’ve potentially caused a lot of problems doing it. Have you seen the overdose numbers in 2020 compared to 2019?

Covid deaths in BC in the last 2 years-2100
Covid deaths in under 40 year olds in all of Canada over the last 2 years -530
Overdose deaths in just BC under 40yo in 2020 alone , so just one year - 850
Overdose deaths total for BC in just 2020-1700
Overdoses where help was called -18000

So this may be a controversial opinion, but I believe all we have done in trying to save people from Covid is put those deaths elsewhere because of how this pandemic has gone down. If it were truly about saving lives, don’t you think the numbers above Are worth some attention. All we hear is pandemic of the unvaccinated etc and they are clogging up hospitals yet last year there were 18000 times that someone had to respond to an overdose in BC and we lost 1700 people in just BC to it, half were under 40. So 2100 deaths from Covid in BC over 2 years in mainly the elderly , obese or people with comorbidities and 1700 in just one year in BC from overdose. I guess my main point is why is everyone so concerned with vaccinating my 5 year old and no one appears to be concerned that the Covid lockdowns and mandates and all the stuff that has come with this pandemic is causing a drastic increase in overdoses and suicides. I think our priorities are out of whack. We’ve lost more people under 40 in BC to overdose in one year than we’ve lost to Covid in all of Canada.
if US is any indication, suicides are probably down (they were down there last year). I recall reading the od situation relates to supply chains being cut off and alot more nasty chit ending up in the drugs. Combine that with inability to get through on 911 and emergency response time and you likely have the main cause of the OD problem. I think its as much just pandemic logistics as it is depression and pandemic hard times.

I believe people are becoming more receptive to this.
Not only safer for user's but removes the criminal activity behind it.
I see where BC has requested de-criminalization of possessing a small amount of drugs. They also need to stop seizing these small amounts so that that person in possession does not turn right around and commit a crime so they can purchase more.

Well this is just my opinion but the numbers show a very small risk to anyone under 30 or so, with zero co morbidities and a healthy weight. I know that there have been younger people that have died from Covid-19 and also have had long term complications but below 30 or so , the numbers get pretty small. I understand the argument to this is that it protects others but if we are talking about who needs the protection and who doesn't, I don't believe everyone needs this vaccine to stay alive and healthy. I'm not discouraging anyone from getting it, I just think we have bigger fish to fry that would probably save more lives but all anyone talks about is Covid-19. The overdose numbers come to mind and are surprising.
Opinions are, well, we know the rest of the phrase.

The cumulative DATA shows that a person has a much higher risk of a serious problem if they are unvaccinated than if they choose to get vaccinated. Statistics only apply to a population, not an individual. But, safer to be vaccinated than not be vaccinated.

The Ivermectin Train Cannot Stop

As the evidence for ivermectin helping with COVID-19 crumbles, prominent promoters double down. Why?

Ivermectin may offer a slight benefit or a slight harm to people with COVID-19, we still do not know for sure, but it is clearly not the saviour the FLCCC and other proponents of the drug want us to believe. Their obsession with ivermectin is not data-driven.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/ivermectin-train-cannot-stop

Ivermectin Still Doesn’t Work For Covid-19

In other words, the data from the high-quality studies show that ivermectin doesn’t work.

The lowest-quality studies were conducted in Iran, Turkey, and Iraq, and the worst of all were two potentially fraudulent studies out of Egypt and Lebanon. (In the Egyptian study, it was revealed that “79 participants were duplicates, some deaths were recorded on dates before the trial had started and instances of plagiarism were identified in the text.”)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2021/11/01/ivermectin-still-doesnt-treat-covid-19/amp/

The Real Scandal About Ivermectin

Claims about the drug are based on shoddy science—but that science is entirely unremarkable in its shoddiness.

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620473/

Ivermectin: How false science created a Covid 'miracle' drug

The BBC can reveal that more than a third of 26 major trials of the drug for use on Covid have serious errors or signs of potential fraud. None of the rest show convincing evidence of ivermectin's effectiveness.

Dr Kyle Sheldrick, one of the group investigating the studies, said they had not found "a single clinical trial" claiming to show that ivermectin prevented Covid deaths that did not contain "either obvious signs of fabrication or errors so critical they invalidate the study".

Last edited:
People go on and on about the long-term impacts of the vaccine. However, they continually ignore the long covid impacts. Which actually have been documented to exist.
Is there really no documentation of adverse effects from the vaccine? I wasn't aware. Damn fake news again.

bonny henry talking about how critical it is to get the children vaccinated when the time comes and at the same time letting teachers get off the hook for choosing not too.

anti vac teachers won in bc. Wonder what they tell their students??
bonny henry talking about how critical it is to get the children vaccinated when the time comes and at the same time letting teachers get off the hook for choosing not too.
Your misinformed on how this works. It's not up to the teachers to decide on a vaccine mandate, that is the school boards decision. They employee the teachers and set the rules not the other way around.

Just like we supposedly have a choice whether to get vaccinated, school boards have a choice of whether they want to have enough teachers to teach our children, and provinces have a choice if they want to have enough health care workers to staff our hospitals and care homes.

People are quick to point out the consequences of choosing not to get vaccinated, but you can't ignore the consequences of trying to force everyone to be vaccinated against their will either.

Everyone needs a bit more empathy in these discussions, no matter what side of the "line" you find yourself on.

Your misinformed on how this works. It's not up to the teachers to decide on a vaccine mandate, that is the school boards decision. They employee the teachers and set the rules not the other way around.

teachers union was on the radio saying they would only do support a provincial mandate, Provence said they left it up to the school boards. School boards saying they not supplied enough support and details from the Provence.

meanwhile coaches being mandated to get vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back