All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop spreading misinformation. Misinformation kills.

The statement on that website: "The current science is indicating that the injected can transmit the virus just as much as the un-injected" is total bull$hit.
Vaccines reduce the proliferation of the numbers of virus particles inside a person. Less virus particles equals less transmission to others. Basic vaccine knowledge, since 150 years ago.

A WAITING ROOM DEATH AND DIRE WARNINGS

Hospitals outside Metro Vancouver are undoubtedly facing the most dire circumstances, including the dual challenges of soaring COVID hospitalizations and crippling staffing shortages, particularly among nurses.

On Tuesday, a grandmother in Kamloops died in the waiting room of Royal Inland Hospital after waiting more than six hours to see a doctor for abdominal pain. B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix did not dispute there were only three nurses working an area of the hospital that should’ve had 24, with patients lined up in hallways waiting for medical attention.

Farther north, health-care workers are sounding the alarm that the fourth wave of COVID is about to overwhelm the entire system as seriously ill patients are already being moved to bigger hospitals.

“It's definitely close to collapse,” said University Hospital of Northern B.C. ICU physician Dr. Simon Rose.

The Prince George Hospital, for example, has 15 critically ill COVID-19 patients, even though the intensive care unit typically has only 10 beds; non-COVID patients are being treated in hallways.

(The above is a quote from yesterday's CTV News):

“ The B.C. Nurses Union says the province is grappling with a nursing shortage so severe it's a crisis.” - CBC 2015

“ In Edmonton and Calgary, the spike of influenza, influenza-like illness and gastrointestinal infections have put hospitals over maximum capacity.” - CTV 2013

COVID is particularly dangerous because of how contagious it is, but it should also be noted that the shortcomings of our public medical system have been apparent long before COVID arrived.

The statement on that website: "The current science is indicating that the injected can transmit the virus just as much as the un-injected" is total bull$hit.
Vaccines reduce the proliferation of the numbers of virus particles inside a person. Less virus particles equals less transmission to others. Basic vaccine knowledge, since 150 years ago.

Dude. Perhaps you need to stop spreading misinformation. Research before you try to show someone as wrong.

This is from Oxford. There are many other studys including a great article in the New York times.

Please tell everyone how this is fake

Dude. Perhaps you need to stop spreading misinformation. Research before you try to show someone as wrong.

This is from Oxford. There are many other studys including a great article in the New York times.

Interesting

“With Delta, infections occurring following two vaccinations had similar peak viral burden to those in unvaccinated individuals. SARS-CoV-2 vaccination still reduces new infections, but effectiveness and attenuation of peak viral burden are reduced with Delta.”

Maybe the unvaccinated should be put at the end of priority line at the hospitals, take care of the vaccinated first as they were doing their part to fight this damn virus

how should we rate stupidly at the ER. Well you broke your ribs skiing. If you stayed home that would of never of happened.

how many COPD cases are clogging up intensive care because people smoked their whole lives.

most cases in the hospital are preventable.

we seen this when everyone was on lock down and stayed home the ERs and hospitals were ghost towns.

how should we rate stupidly at the ER. Well you broke your ribs skiing. If you stayed home that would of never of happened.

how many COPD cases are clogging up intensive care because people smoked their whole lives.

most cases in the hospital are preventable.

we seen this when everyone was on lock down and stayed home the ERs and hospitals were ghost towns.
The vaccine gives everyone a better chance than without

FF sakes she may be a micro biologist but her math skills appear to be lacking, if the vaccine doesn’t help people from contacting the virus why are the numbers of unvaccinated people infected so high compared to vaccinated people? I suspect she’s part of Donny’s group and has Govenor Desantis on speed dial!

I think there are enough “professional” opinions that non believers will continue to non believe.

I just don’t understand what they think the vaccine will do to them. Many thousands of medical experts have been working on vaccines for decades.

sometimes you have to trust people.

facts are facts and the facts are vaccinations are helping people. We would be f’d in the b if we didn’t have a vaccine.

Thank you to the 80% of you who are keeping our world going.

FF sakes she may be a micro biologist but her math skills appear to be lacking, if the vaccine doesn’t help people from contacting the virus why are the numbers of unvaccinated people infected so high compared to vaccinated people? I suspect she’s part of Donny’s group and has Govenor Desantis on speed dial!

There is a debunk of her arguments here on this link but to me it was clear she was an anti-vaxxer real fast.
I like the line at the end of this page.
"No anti-vaccine rant would be complete without a false claim about MMR vaccines causing autism, which as a cherry on top, Parks claims has been covered up."

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/8n1jrpo8moi20b4lzoi0fkpfr3udgc

Yeah I don't know anything about the site originally referenced and everything else on it could be wrong but it's been pretty thoroughly established that viral loads of delta in the vaccinated can be just as high as the unvaccinated.

I don't think there's been time to do any studies yet to try to figure out if they're any less contagious or not. They might be equally contagious, but for a shorter period, say. The Israelis will probably get some numbers on that before long though, I'd guess.

I generally don’t bother reading papers not peer-reviewed, like that one, but I had a look, since it studied the Delta variant, and its relationship with current vaccines. This is THE most pressing concern, since it’s far more dangerous than any other variant yet. It spreads much faster, hits much harder, and as that paper mentioned, current vaccines are less able to kill it. Well, that’s all been in the news for months, especially recently, as it’s causing infections to surge. It’s a race, with trying to get more people vaccinated as fast as possible, as virologists work very hard to develop better vaccines.

On a lighter note, I hear Bill Gates has become bored with tracking vaccinated people with his micro-chip that he’s been slipping into vaccine bottles. He’s found that vaccinated people are not very interesting. They just go about their lives as well as they can, nothing weird or anti-social. Generally just nice folks. They don’t even spit on others, or hassle health care workers or sick patients. Now Bill wants to study anti-vaxxers, so he’s been putting his micro-tracking chips in Invermectin, and observing the results. But he’s already stopping that spy campaign, because he’s so grossed out at watching the results; simultaneous projectile vomitting and diarrhea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back