All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most people have smart phones, but it's kinda inconvenient
for those that don't.
my buddy uses a flip phone so I guess he'll have to get a copy printed
and pack that around.

Upcoming Vancouver anti-vaxx protest moved to new location, blocks from hospital​

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — Organizers of a controversial protest against vaccine passports will no longer be holding their so-called freedom movement in front of a Vancouver hospital.

The Canadian Frontline Nurses group had planned to hold a second demonstration Monday in front of Vancouver General Hospital, but an edited poster now shows Vancouver City Hall as the new location.

Despite the Vancouver location change – many other protests organized by the group across the country are still planned in front of hospitals.

It’s unclear why the group changed its location in Vancouver.

The new location is not exactly neutral. Vancouver City Hall is just blocks away from the hospital, and is at Cambie Street and 12 Avenue, which is a major route for patients, ambulances, and staff to get to the hospital.

The group is urging people to stand together “for informed consent & medical freedoms” and attendees are encouraged to bring a flower to represent someone who has been impacted by COVID measures.

More:
https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/09/10/vancouver-passport-protest-city-hall/

E-8A_VmVkAgjReD

Here is a 20 minute video that was produced on the anti-vaxx movement before covid-19 was an issue. It shows what is behind it, how to spot the techniques they use and some debunking of their message.

They are hacking your brain not to turn you into an anti-vaxxer but to turn you into a vaccine hesitant person, because if they do they win.
- Identifiable Victim Bias
- Omission Bias
- Probability Bias

Upcoming Vancouver anti-vaxx protest moved to new location, blocks from hospital​

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — Organizers of a controversial protest against vaccine passports will no longer be holding their so-called freedom movement in front of a Vancouver hospital.

The Canadian Frontline Nurses group had planned to hold a second demonstration Monday in front of Vancouver General Hospital, but an edited poster now shows Vancouver City Hall as the new location.

Despite the Vancouver location change – many other protests organized by the group across the country are still planned in front of hospitals.

It’s unclear why the group changed its location in Vancouver.

The new location is not exactly neutral. Vancouver City Hall is just blocks away from the hospital, and is at Cambie Street and 12 Avenue, which is a major route for patients, ambulances, and staff to get to the hospital.

The group is urging people to stand together “for informed consent & medical freedoms” and attendees are encouraged to bring a flower to represent someone who has been impacted by COVID measures.

More:
https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/09/10/vancouver-passport-protest-city-hall/

E-8A_VmVkAgjReD

What a joke this is.

I don’t know man. The story from the beginning has been we will reach herd immunity at around 80%.

the story keeps changing and now there’s lots of evidence that’s questions the efficacy of the vax.
Does anyone else feel like having a control group isn’t such a bad idea at this point?

What’s the question? Here’s the answer.
View attachment 70399
That’s great data and I hope it holds true. There’s lots of competing worldwide data that isn’t quite as rosy.
For reference vaxed and confused…
Some parts of the world are at a 3% vax rate and some are mid 80s. The mid 80s are working on 3rd and 4th shots. There is a lot of covid hospilations in the vaxxed community. That can’t be argued at this point.
Personally vaxxing everyone and taking away their rights seems like a big step without any proof that those measures will actually work. Ie will it be beneficial vs what we will endure as a society?
The next step is jabbing 5 year old children as a standard.
I personally support having a control group. Either we get herd immunity or we don’t. Not looking great at this point.

The story from the beginning has been we will reach herd immunity at around 80%.

yes we have reached it but there is still pockets of unvaccinated driving hospitalization and apprently do to our poor health care system even having a couple people on ventilators is causing a collapse.

Comparing polio to covid is a huge reach. Kids were actually impacted by polio. Covid doesn't impact kids over an enormous sample size. What is your concern for your kid re covid based on?

A kid in my daughter’s small daycare and both of his/her parents are covid positive. It gets around.

Not disputing the contagiousness. But for kids covid presents no symptoms, certainly no death. Polio on the other hand was an iron lung and possible death. Bit different? Don't let facts get in the way of a good virtue signal though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back