All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great history lesson

There is Information, mis-information and there is dis-information and clearly this falls into the dis-information category. One should always look into the background on any of these sorts of YouTube channels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Something we should all reflect on.
Keeping an open mind is a virtue—but, as the space engineer James Oberg once said, not so open that your brains fall out.
— Carl Sagan, 1996

Last edited:
While that article says there is no evidence it escaped from the Wuhan lab, there actually is quite a bit. Expect maximum obfuscation from China on this issue.

Interesting that we have the Republicans pushing this conspiracy theroy and the CCP (Chinese government) pushing the conspiracy that it came from a US lab and unleashed in China. Two can play the blame game. The question is where did it come from? Has someone checked with the scientists? The professionals say they are not sure where it came from but the evidence indicates that it did not come from any lab. They are also saying that it may not have come from the wet market either. A leading candidate could be from people that capture bats or work in bat caves collecting guano. The truth is that until scientists track it through genetics, as close to patient zero as possible, we will have to wait. Till then it's not helpful to point fingers and play the blame game when we will need cooperation between governments so that we can prevent the next pandemic.

There is Information, mis-information and there is dis-information and clearly this falls into the dis-information category. One should always look into the background on any of these sorts of YouTube channels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Something we should all reflect on.
Keeping an open mind is a virtue—but, as the space engineer James Oberg once said, not so open that your brains fall out.
— Carl Sagan, 1996
The scientific mind says, "I discovered X, researched X, tested my theory of X in a randomized, controlled, double blind study. Here is X. Please someone show me where I erred or prove me wrong."
Everyone else, "I saw it on (insert social media platform here), it must be true."

A great history lesson
If you like this one then here is one that I ran across the other day that tells the rest of the story. It links the two research teams and gets heavy into the genetics to find the answer of the origins of the spanish flu. Has links to BC researcher and Toronto.

Does anyone know the stats on how many of the approximately 100 Vancouver island confirmed cases have been diagnosed as recovered?
I’m assuming based on the provincial average there are likely around 60-65 recovered. I find the media loves adding to the cumulative total more than the current cases which in my opinion is more important.

Interesting that we have the Republicans pushing this conspiracy theroy and the CCP (Chinese government) pushing the conspiracy that it came from a US lab and unleashed in China. Two can play the blame game. The question is where did it come from? Has someone checked with the scientists? The professionals say they are not sure where it came from but the evidence indicates that it did not come from any lab. They are also saying that it may not have come from the wet market either. A leading candidate could be from people that capture bats or work in bat caves collecting guano. The truth is that until scientists track it through genetics, as close to patient zero as possible, we will have to wait. Till then it's not helpful to point fingers and play the blame game when we will need cooperation between governments so that we can prevent the next pandemic.

Here are the verifiable facts:

1. The Wuhan virology lab 1 block from the Wuhan wet market where one of the first clusters was traced to, was studying naturally occurring coronaviruses and their transmissibility to humans.
2. The lead scientist from the project is nowhere to be found. The CCP insists their are fine, but can't produce them to verify this claim.

This is by no means indisputable evidence, but there is definitely some evidence. Based on how the CCP usually conducts themselves, do you really think they would ever admit they accidentally unleashed a deadly contagion on the world?

No credible source is claiming it was intentional or any sort of engineered virus, but merely an accidental release (self infection) of a naturally occurring pathogen.

Here are the verifiable facts:

1. The Wuhan virology lab 1 block from the Wuhan wet market where one of the first clusters was traced to, was studying naturally occurring coronaviruses and their transmissibility to humans.
2. The lead scientist from the project is nowhere to be found. The CCP insists their are fine, but can't produce them to verify this claim.

This is by no means indisputable evidence, but there is definitely some evidence. Based on how the CCP usually conducts themselves, do you really think they would ever admit they accidentally unleashed a deadly contagion on the world?

No credible source is claiming it was intentional or any sort of engineered virus, but merely an accidental release (self infection) of a naturally occurring pathogen.

One must be careful not to take an apple then add an orange thus claim to have created a lemon.
The science is telling us that it's highly unlikely that it came from a lab. Even that National Post article said so. Just too much genetic evidence that leads us elsewhere.

And for the record I'm no fan of the Chinese Government and if you look up my history on this website I'm sure you will find my opposition to the trade deal that Harper made with them. My business was based on IP so I know exactly how they operate.

Last edited:
What I have learned is todays scientists will say whatever they are told to by who pays their bills. I tend to believe manufactured as I do not see many new species daily, weekly or yearly naturally developing on earth today, my guess, this fast developing viruses had help. Again that's just me.

Last Nat Geo proved that when they kept calling a roan antelope a sable. Stupid "scientists". Dumbed downs believe that.

HM

Does anyone know the stats on how many of the approximately 100 Vancouver island confirmed cases have been diagnosed as recovered?
I’m assuming based on the provincial average there are likely around 60-65 recovered. I find the media loves adding to the cumulative total more than the current cases which in my opinion is more important.

Of course they do. Scares people more ... don’t follow the media hype over this.

What I have learned is todays scientists will say whatever they are told to by who pays their bills. I tend to believe manufactured as I do not see many new species daily, weekly or yearly naturally developing on earth today, my guess, this fast developing viruses had help. Again that's just me.

Last Nat Geo proved that when they kept calling a roan antelope a sable. Stupid "scientists". Dumbed downs believe that.

HM
I think it’s pretty well proven that this virus is way beyond what genetic engineers are capable of. Viruses are the ultimate genetic engineers and they are always mutating.

Pa used to say, "Son careful what you're pointing at, three fingers always point back."

I think it’s pretty well proven that this virus is way beyond what genetic engineers are capable of. Viruses are the ultimate genetic engineers and they are always mutating.
I agree viruses are always mutating, as to the ultimate genetic engineers?? I think not, that would be us, as for any "proven" data not sure we will get that one way or the other with todays paid of scientific community. I am not also not naïve enough to believe that there are no genetic engineers that could make this and much, much worse. I did spend 33 years in CAF, we did not train for bad flu Covid's.

HM

I agree viruses are always mutating, as to the ultimate genetic engineers?? I think not, that would be us, as for any "proven" data not sure we will get that one way or the other with todays paid of scientific community. I am not also not naïve enough to believe that there are no genetic engineers that could make this and much, much worse. I did spend 33 years in CAF, we did not train for bad flu Covid's.

HM

Human kind as we know it will destroy itself through war or disease long before the environment ever destroys us or even comes close. I’m afraid this here little pandemic is just a heads up as to what’s coming down the pike here one day.

Last edited:
One must be careful not to take an apple then add an orange thus claim to have created a lemon.
The science is telling us that it's highly unlikely that it came from a lab. Even that National Post article said so. Just too much genetic evidence that leads us elsewhere.

And for the record I'm no fan of the Chinese Government and if you look up my history on this website I'm sure you will find my opposition to the trade deal that Harper made with them. My business was based on IP so I know exactly how they operate.

That's the narrative the CCP is pushing, but once again, you either didn't read what I wrote or are purposely ignoring it. No one believes it was made in a lab, but that it was being studied and played with in a lab and accidentally infected the researchers.

Kentucky Reports Highest Coronavirus Infection Increase After a Week of Protests to Reopen State
https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-r...ease-after-week-protests-reopen-state-1498835
The rightwing groups behind wave of protests against Covid-19 restrictions
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions
Health Care Workers Block Denver Protesters Calling For End To Stay-At-Home Orders
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...d6efce6?ri18n=true&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back