All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. The governer actually told Trump it was like act of war and wasn't legal to quarantine city. So he backed off.

You know it sucks here but our province is actually doing a pretty good job, and so are most of the people. Short term sacrifice for long term gain.
I'd say it's too early to call but from the early signs we get a solid B. Toilet paper eaters and drum circle **** kids knocked us down a peg.

About time he did something for seniors! Here is a link for what Trudeau is doing for all Canadian Seniors for staying home for the 14 day quarantine period:

All Canadian Seniors are Entitled to $750 CDN Dollars per week to stay at home to avoid the spread

of COVID-19 novel Coronavirus, starting from March 16, 2020. The Government grant pay is accessible

to all Seniors. Read full article here on how to claim:

<https://nam01.safelinks.protection....LQNpQR73sFn/D0k03FwDrFKzfcJ36q+WY=&reserved=0>https://eur03.safelinks.protection....jcHExtuOuYKZnNDGECDbcsWs35z3M=&amp;reserved=0...”

I have found the BBC provides superior coverage from both their TV network and the quality of their journalism to educate and inform. I have watched some profound video of the real world reality of this virus in Italy, Spain and China etc. that you may not see on North America networks which seem to provide endless hours of talking heads.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200325-covid-19-the-history-of-pandemics

This in my view is a good read and a well written and researched article that puts COVID-19 in perspective as it relates to the history of pandemics and what the future may bring.

Most dire predictions of millions dying is being generous with numbers and over hyping hysteria. Why is it that the early prediction of 2.2 million deaths in US has been restated down to maybe 20,000. Remember over 60,000 died from h1n1 and remind me when and how long the economy was shut down to fight it. You can blame orange man bad for literally everything that bothers you. But it won’t change the fact that this crisis is overblown. The New York subway system is far worse for transmission of viruses than any cruise ship. This to shall pass and I dream of seeing another sunrise on the water. Go ahead and tear me apart, but your pointing fingers at Orangeman only exposes your hypocrisy

Another Trump Special

..Morning smile!

A plane with 5 passengers on board — Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, the Pope and a 10-year-old schoolgirl -- is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes.

Trump says "I need one. I’m the smartest man in the USA and I’m needed to solve the pandemic!" He takes one parachute and jumps.

Johnson says ‘I’m needed to sort out the COVID-19 mess in Britain’. He takes one and jumps.

The Pope says, “The world's Catholics depend on me for comfort in a time of fear." He takes one and jumps.

“ You can have the last parachute,” Merkel says to the 10-year-old. "I've lived my life. Yours is only just starting.”

The little girl replies: “Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left, the smartest man in the USA just took my school bag.”

Most dire predictions of millions dying is being generous with numbers and over hyping hysteria. Why is it that the early prediction of 2.2 million deaths in US has been restated down to maybe 20,000. Remember over 60,000 died from h1n1 and remind me when and how long the economy was shut down to fight it. You can blame orange man bad for literally everything that bothers you. But it won’t change the fact that this crisis is overblown. The New York subway system is far worse for transmission of viruses than any cruise ship. This to shall pass and I dream of seeing another sunrise on the water. Go ahead and tear me apart, but your pointing fingers at Orangeman only exposes your hypocrisy

What are you talking about? The crisis is overblown?

What are you talking about? The crisis is overblown?

I think he’s trying to say originally they were saying millions of deaths (my cousin still thinks this is gonna happen) in the US etc now they change their numbers drastically only a few days or week later. Valid point. Only few days ago said 200,000 deaths in UK. Three days later they changed it to 20,000. News reports the first number but not the second etc.

I think he’s trying to say originally they were saying millions of deaths (my cousin still thinks this is gonna happen) in the US etc now they change their numbers drastically only a few days or week later. Valid point. Only few days ago said 200,000 deaths in UK. Three days later they changed it to 20,000. News reports the first number but not the second etc.
All wonderful unless you happen to be one of the 20000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back