All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way this gets under control will be when a vaccine is developed and we reach herd immunity. ...
The heroes of this "war" wear lab coats as armor and wield the blade of knowledge.
#protectyourpharmacist
Transformation from a Military Industrial economy to a Medical Industrial economy?

The heroes of this "war" wear lab coats as armor and wield the blade of knowledge.
#protectyourpharmacist
Transformation from a Military Industrial economy to a Medical Industrial economy?
Lost in all this is the people who are also heroes, truck drivers, retail store staffs, waste removal companies, transportation workers, cleaning staffs, military etc. Not taking anything away from Health Care workers but these folks are also getting up and going to work everyday and without them we would be screwed. Times like this you can reflect on the unseen people who keep us going. Full disclosure I don’t work in any of those occupations just think they need a shout out as well.

Watched an interesting news clip on pandemic inspired ventilator innovation. It started with anesthesiologist who had the idea that what was needed was as a very basic ventilator, low cost, easy and fast to make in large numbers out of already available parts. Essentially a heavy plastic bag with a valve and a mechanical mechanism and a motor to squeeze it and relax then squeeze it again over and over. Very basic, and he did not say but I suspect it may be all mechanical and not need electronics etc. He is working on it with a medical equipment engineer and they are up to a 3.0 version in a few days. I suspect it may not be as good as well developed and approved state of the art, reliable and proven powered medical ventilators with all the bells and whistles, safety features etc. But if none of those were available, a very basic powered mechanical ventilator could save lives.

Last edited:
Lost in all this is the people who are also heroes, truck drivers, retail store staffs, waste removal companies, transportation workers, cleaning staffs, military etc. Not taking anything away from Health Care workers but these folks are also getting up and going to work everyday and without them we would be screwed. Times like this you can reflect on the unseen people who keep us going. Full disclosure I don’t work in any of those occupations just think they need a shout out as well.
Absolutely. We are being reminded of those who do the really important work of keeping us fed, clothed, clean, and mobile.
I never understood why the farmer got peanuts compared to the movie star.

You forgot the one that keeps everyone you listed going. The one that’s vilified and **** on in media daily.

You forgot the one that keeps everyone you listed going. The one that’s vilified and **** on in media daily.
Never intended it to be a complete list, people should feel free to add to it.

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Awesome resource. Honestly the only place that is really hurting badly is Quebec (and Newfoundland) when it comes to Covid in Canada. Both Ontario and BC are optimistic at how things are playing out believing the curve has began to flatten. The key to compare between countries is cases / 1,000,000 population, and deaths / 1,000,000 population which is a more fair look at things...can see it when you scroll down.

I dunno but I find this a bit hard to believe: Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said of those cases, 81 are in hospital including 52 in intensive care. Henry said 45 per cent of those who have contracted the coronavirus — 396 people — have recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back