All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very important for context, cant be citing The National Enquirer and expect to be taken seriously for example. Seems like Googling until you find an obscure source that fits your narrative has become the norm in these crazy times, not referring to anything specific here but just in general.

Last edited:
Noted at the beginning of the article, taken from the Lancet.

Do you have a problem with this?

I have always been of the opinion that the source should always be considered when presented with a link
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 20: Staff are seen preparing AstraZeneca vaccine doses inside the Melbourne Showgrounds COVID-19 Vaccination Centre on July 20, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. Premier Daniel Andrews has announced a 7 day extension on the lockdown in Victoria, as the state continues to record new community COVID-19 cases and work to stop the spread of the highly infectious delta coronavirus strain in the community. (Photo by Daniel Pockett/Getty Images)
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 20: Staff are seen preparing AstraZeneca vaccine doses inside the Melbourne Showgrounds COVID-19 Vaccination Centre on July 20, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. Premier Daniel Andrews has announced a 7 day extension on the lockdown in Victoria, as the state continues to record new community COVID-19 cases and work to stop the spread of the highly infectious delta coronavirus strain in the community. (Photo by Daniel Pockett/Getty Images)
VACCINES & SAFETY

Vaccinated People Easily Transmit COVID-19 Delta Variant in Households: UK Study​

By Jack Phillips
October 28, 2021 Updated: October 29, 2021
biggersmaller
Print
The Delta COVID-19 variant can easily transmit from vaccinated people to their household members, said a recent UK study, although its researchers concluded that vaccinations and boosters are the way forward.
A year-long study from the Imperial College London published in The Lancet on Thursday found that the Delta variant is still highly transmissible within a vaccinated.

Have a problem with the Lancelet?

VACCINES & SAFETY

Vaccinated People Easily Transmit COVID-19 Delta Variant in Households: UK Study​

By Jack Phillips
October 28, 2021 Updated: October 29, 2021
biggersmaller
Print
The Delta COVID-19 variant can easily transmit from vaccinated people to their household members, said a recent UK study, although its researchers concluded that vaccinations and boosters are the way forward.
A year-long study from the Imperial College London published in The Lancet on Thursday found that the Delta variant is still highly transmissible within a vaccinated.

Have a problem with the Lancelet?
seriously, whats your point with all this? It's never been a secret that you can get covid with the vaccine. It's not the point of it. The point is to give your body the tools to fight it off when you get it. Find those studies with concerning death rates amongst vaccinated and then maybe we can talk.

seriously, whats your point with all this? It's never been a secret that you can get covid with the vaccine. It's not the point of it. The point is to give your body the tools to fight it off when you get it. Find those studies with concerning death rates amongst vaccinated and then maybe we can talk.
Well first it is Interesting that people do not read, yet assume the article is wrong.

Second, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/newmarket-hockey-outbreak-1.6229083

Well first it is Interesting that people do not read, yet assume the article is wrong.

Second, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/newmarket-hockey-outbreak-1.6229083
not sure I follow - never assumed study was wrong, just assumed it was about getting covid and I already know that breakthrough events happen, but its already shown that unvaxxed with natural immunity are 6x more likely to get covid again than fully vaxxed people. I searched your article for deaths, there was nothing that came up, small sample group, therefore, nothing interesting to me and I move on. Yes, people can die being vaccinated but to give you an idea of how small that number is, Texas study of 19000 deaths since early Feb, only 119 of those were fully vax.

Noted at the beginning of the article, taken from the Lancet.

Do you have a problem with this?
not at all, IMO great source, “The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is among the world's oldest and best-known general medical journals.”
nothing new in the article though that I saw. Deewar25 summed it up pretty well. Vaxxed can still get it, very low chance of severe illness, death, or hospitalization compared to unvaxxed. Delta much more transmissible, but same much lower risk of the aforementioned, good info, but not new. Happy Halloween! Go Braves!!!

not sure I follow - never assumed study was wrong, just assumed it was about getting covid and I already know that breakthrough events happen, but its already shown that unvaxxed with natural immunity are 6x more likely to get covid again than fully vaxxed people. I searched your article for deaths, there was nothing that came up, small sample group, therefore, nothing interesting to me and I move on. Yes, people can die being vaccinated but to give you an idea of how small that number is, Texas study of 19000 deaths since early Feb, only 119 of those were fully vax.

A new CDC study (inadvertently?) finds 28 times more fully vaccinated patients (5,213) were hospitalized with COVID from June to September than the unvaccinated with prior infection (189) in nine U.S. states.

A new CDC study (inadvertently?) finds 28 times more fully vaccinated patients (5,213) were hospitalized with COVID from June to September than the unvaccinated with prior infection (189) in nine U.S. states.

Excellent source. did you read the report?

I did.

The title you wrote (or quoted) is not accurate

here is the first portion of the "discussion" section.

"In this multistate analysis of hospitalizations for COVID-19–like illness among adults aged ≥18 years during January–September 2021 whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were higher among unvaccinated and previously infected patients than among those who were fully vaccinated with 2 doses of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine without previous documentation of a SARS-CoV-2 infection."

Cannot just read "titles" and get real information.

Excellent source. did you read the report?

I did.

The title you wrote (or quoted) is not accurate

here is the first portion of the "discussion" section.

"In this multistate analysis of hospitalizations for COVID-19–like illness among adults aged ≥18 years during January–September 2021 whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were higher among unvaccinated and previously infected patients than among those who were fully vaccinated with 2 doses of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine without previous documentation of a SARS-CoV-2 infection."

Cannot just read "titles" and get real information.

Thanks for being on here.

I wish more people with medical backgrounds would post on here. Nice to have an actual doctor on the thread.

I read the article, CDC is a good source. The bold headline seems a bit misleading though from what I read. The hospitalizations were for ” Covid like” illness. After testing previously infected unvaxxed 9% positive, vaxxed 5% positive, so still almost double unvaxxed had actual Covid 19, the rest were negative for Covid 19. Thats what I got from the article. Where did the bold headline come from? Definitely not from the CDC

Well, I'm not a doctor, but I can read and I used to play Dr. Dodgeball with my gym classes.

OBD thinks a sign like this will get him drunk without spending any money-
"Try our gluten-free beer"

"In this U.S.-based epidemiologic analysis of patients hospitalized with COVID-19–like illness whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, vaccine-induced immunity was more protective than infection-induced immunity against laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, including during a period of Delta variant predominance. All eligible persons should be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible, including unvaccinated persons previously infected with SARS-CoV-2."

"Summary
What is already known about this topic?
Previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 vaccination can provide immunity and protection against subsequent SARS-CoV-2 infection and illness.
What is added by this report?
Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratoryconfirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).
What are the implications for public health practice? All eligible persons should be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible, including unvaccinated persons previously infected with SARS-CoV-2."

get vaccinated, the only person i know that got covid though this whole pandemic still can't smell. it's been a year. Not being able to taste and smell is not something you want to have happen to yourself.

you don't want to leave this up to your immune system, may just turn your body into a war zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back