All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a week ago some of you same guys were all pro AZ and suddenly your not? What changed?
I'd happily take my second dose right now if I could. I would then also fit with the manufacturer's guidelines for dosing schedule.

But I'm also good with vaccinating all that are capable and willing first and spread some that herd immunity.

I’m just a Joe Schmoe, 39 years old, and I am now booked for a jab next Wednesday.
JOE STIZZLA! Don't short sell yourself.

Do you need it? VRCA sent it out to everyone. I’ll forward you the email if you want
Got it now thanks. Just for the younger guys that haven't had the chance yet. I ditched all the associations, couldn't stand all the requests for more money and useless emails.

Here’s a thought. Could we not be adding the amount of infected people to the list of vaccinated. I’ve done a little research over the last while on chances of re-infection after contracting and the numbers seem pretty close to those of catching it after vaccination. So in theory could those people not be counted as done as well.

Just throwing it out there, I know it would never be done lol.
Sounds like Alberta will be doing that. The Government gave milestones for removal of restrictions that are based on % of population that is either immunized or contracted the virus. The combination will be used.

Alberta should have hit 2M vaccines today. Things are moving quickly now. I think we gave over 50k doses in one day.
So I did the back of the envelope math.
Alberta has a total population of 4,436,258 and has 213,635 covid cases. that gives you 4.82% of natural immunization.
Rolling 7 day average of vaccination is around 40,000 to 42,000 per day.
If you can get that 7 day average to 44,000 per day, that would get you 1% of the total population per day.
Currently Alberta is 37.4% vaccinated, with 1 shot, of the total population.
So add 4.82% and 37.4% = 42.22% round down to 42%
33 days or less to reach 75% of first shot and you have more than enough supply to knock a lot of second shots off too.
That's best case scenario and couple of guys that I have been following on twitter seems to have much better calculations.
Bottom line is if Alberta is going to calculate with the natural immunization then I would put it at 5%

Trevor Tombe https://twitter.com/trevortombe
and
Blake Shaffer https://twitter.com/bcshaffer

It is critical for the government's to get reopening right. If they screw this up as well, they will lose the confidence of many more citizens.
We have many examples of reopening, from free for alls to the south of us to Israel and England.

I guess I'm pessimistic at our chances.

What the hell does a one dose summer entail? Had any other jurisdiction talked about this?

Received my second dose of Moderna on Tuesday, and it absolutely flattened me yesterday. Just flat out kicked my butt. Woke up this morning feeling perfect, wild ride man.
Happens to my computer every other Thursday. :cool: ;) :p

Received my second dose of Moderna on Tuesday, and it absolutely flattened me yesterday. Just flat out kicked my butt. Woke up this morning feeling perfect, wild ride man.
Sounds like my 2nd Shingles vax

I was nauseous for four days after my first shot of Moderna and couldn't lift my left arm for a couple days LOL. I'm not looking forward to the second dose. 99% of people that I know that got AZ were sick for a day. Nobody that I know that has gotten Pfizer has had any side effects.

I was nauseous for four days after my first shot of Moderna and couldn't lift my left arm for a couple days LOL. I'm not looking forward to the second dose. 99% of people that I know that got AZ were sick for a day. Nobody that I know that has gotten Pfizer has had any side effects.
After my first shot, arm was sore for two days, and a little fatigue. Wife was same with her Pfizer shot. One of her coworkers was laid up for 2 days after her first Pfizer. Different for everybody I guess. But I definitely recommend not planning anything the day after the second shot.

So I did the back of the envelope math.
Alberta has a total population of 4,436,258 and has 213,635 covid cases. that gives you 4.82% of natural immunization.
Rolling 7 day average of vaccination is around 40,000 to 42,000 per day.
If you can get that 7 day average to 44,000 per day, that would get you 1% of the total population per day.
Currently Alberta is 37.4% vaccinated, with 1 shot, of the total population.
So add 4.82% and 37.4% = 42.22% round down to 42%
33 days or less to reach 75% of first shot and you have more than enough supply to knock a lot of second shots off too.
That's best case scenario and couple of guys that I have been following on twitter seems to have much better calculations.
Bottom line is if Alberta is going to calculate with the natural immunization then I would put it at 5%

Trevor Tombe https://twitter.com/trevortombe
and
Blake Shaffer https://twitter.com/bcshaffer

What's your thoughts on adding natural immunizations? Is it a case of horse before the carriage unitil more is known? I have read conflicting points on it & for me I feel the jury is still out, depending on when the person was infected. Like so many other things right now it evolves as we know more.?

Had the first shot of Moderna a little over a month ago. The first day there were no symptoms. On the second day and lasting for about three days there was some tenderness in the shoulder where I got the shot, but it was only noticeable if you pushed in on the spot with your other hand. In short no negative symptoms at all other than what I get sometimes with the standard annual flu shot.

As someone who was designated 'At Extreme Medical Risk' I am waiting for the second shot. The govt. is taking a lot of heat for including Extreme Risk patients such as Cancer patients on Chemo in the "you must wait 4 months for the second dose" category. Apparently the science is showing that many patients in the category have a significantly weaker response to the first shot compared to others who are not in that category and really need the second shot to bring up their immune response to Covid-19 to at least a modestly acceptable level. I would not be surprised if they correct that decision soon and prioritize extreme risk patients for the second shot.

Last edited:

North Vancouver driver fined for non-essential travel on Vancouver Island’s Malahat Highway​

A North Vancouver driver was issued a ticket on Vancouver Island for violating COVID-19 restrictions against non-essential travel, RCMP have confirmed.

.... Nobody that I know that has gotten Pfizer has had any side effects.
I was dizzy & nauseated for a short while the next AM just long enough to twist my ankle doing a long step down on the sidewalk and going down like a poleaxed elephant and 3 weeks later my ankle still isn't 100%; that also meant I missed the driving test I waited two months for.

The Good News is that the 'long tail' Covid symptoms that have been plaguing me have only been felt once as a small distant echo of what they once were-that's reported by other people so maybe there's something to this vaccination idea (!)

North Vancouver driver fined for non-essential travel on Vancouver Island’s Malahat Highway​

A North Vancouver driver was issued a ticket on Vancouver Island for violating COVID-19 restrictions against non-essential travel, RCMP have confirmed.

$575. It’s a start but should be at least high enough to recover a cerb payment. And at least no license renewal til it’s paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back