All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
90154547_10163283524185361_3873733035505483776_n.jpg

90203556_10163283524260361_7963682425567969280_n.jpg

Mainland China reported zero locally transmitted cases of the coronavirus for a third day running, while the daily log of infections involving travellers arriving from other countries continued to rise.

Mainland China had 41 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infections on Friday, the country's National Health Commission said, all imported from abroad. That brought the total number of imported cases to 269.

That makes the cynic in me chuckle and shake my head. China under pressure from the world revokes visas from all foreign press kicking them out in order to control what stories are told, then says other countries are infecting it! That's pure gold.

Chickety china the Chinese chicken,
Eat some bat soup and the world stops tickin!

I see a lock down coming...not enough people are paying attention. Prepare for harsher statements on Monday, the end of easing the public. As early as Wednesday, the threat will come.

I agree. Some aren't taking this seriously. It's not a vacation! Saw a couple of boats loaded with people, including a charter. Lots of close groups at Cattle Point. My neighbour is having a BBQ party. If these people are going to F around like this, they may as well show up for work on Monday.

Some observations from yesterday:

-Did the weekly grocery shop, other patrons were not keeping their distance at all. People chatting in the aisles and reaching right in front of me for items.
-In laws invited the family over for dinner, I had to be the stick in the mud.
-Went out to the woods to fish some lakes. Had a bunch of guys approach me to chat about road conditions, directions, fishing etc and I had to ask each one of them to keep their distance.
-Went for a walk along the river, had a few people say "Hahaha.. I'm not sick" as I stepped well off the trail to let them pass.

Some observations from yesterday:

-Did the weekly grocery shop, other patrons were not keeping their distance at all. People chatting in the aisles and reaching right in front of me for items.
-In laws invited the family over for dinner, I had to be the stick in the mud.
-Went out to the woods to fish some lakes. Had a bunch of guys approach me to chat about road conditions, directions, fishing etc and I had to ask each one of them to keep their distance.
-Went for a walk along the river, had a few people say "Hahaha.. I'm not sick" as I stepped well off the trail to let them pass.

That's sad, but very consistent with what I've seen too. I really, really hope that Canada/BC get put in to mandatory lockdown.

My theory on why Canada/BC hasn't been put in lockdown yet is that early on in the epidemic it would've been political suicide, but since the current social isolation recommendations aren't being followed it gives the politicians more grounds to take the next step. I hope they take this step soon.

That makes the cynic in me chuckle and shake my head. China under pressure from the world revokes visas from all foreign press kicking them out in order to control what stories are told, then says other countries are infecting it! That's pure gold.

Chickety china the Chinese chicken,
Eat some bat soup and the world stops tickin!

Lot of people with chinese background live in Canada. I have been there. We aren't and better. This disease could got in our food chain as well. I agree with hospital time to shut it down. Italy rise in death is a warning. Pretty scary stuff.

That's sad, but very consistent with what I've seen too. I really, really hope that Canada/BC get put in to mandatory lockdown.

My theory on why Canada/BC hasn't been put in lockdown yet is that early on in the epidemic it would've been political suicide, but since the current social isolation recommendations aren't being followed it gives the politicians more grounds to take the next step. I hope they take this step soon.

Yes I agree they aren't bring followed.

Last edited:
So we've closed the USA/Canada border and passenger flights North and South, yet flights from Asia seem unaffected. I don't get what difference our Southern border is going to make, clearly the virus is well established on both sides.

I honestly don"t think we have taken enough steps to safeguard our community., I shouldn't have to be scared to go into work in risk of getting infected on a job site nd bringing it home to my wife and 1 year old child.. I believe the lockdown needs to start sooner then later , we can all survive at home for a few weeks and hopefully this thing can blow over. they are going to put a ban on all extra curricular activity and that means the boat ramps will also be closed I'm sure. I drove to the north end and back yesterday mid day and it looks like a ghost town out there, a lot of people are getting the message and staying home and as much as I want to take the boat out I'm hoping few weeks of isolation will get us all back on the water.

Shut er down already..... seems lots think it’s party time, what more does it take for people to realize this is real ? Those that dont take these measures seriously are just gonna drag this out longer then it has to be and so on. Got a email the other day , poetts nook is closed till April 30 then they will reassess at that time. Sure would be a tuff summer without marinas open........

They want to keep everyone at home so they can assess where the virus is spreading , if everyone keeps going all over the place doing stuff they they are risking further transmission of the virus.. pretty simple really, if employers can't keep their employees safe from the spread of the virus they also need to close , all non essential businesses need to close, shelter in place and lets ride this ***** out before it starts taking people we know and love out.

Yeah I don't get that one, far less contact with people out on the water
The virus can live on cold hard surfaces for hours.. you could pick it up tying your boat up or getting a parking stub, you could take your neighbour out fishing without even knowing he has it, 14 day incubation period remember..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back