All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head of Island Health suggests 14-day isolation for non-essential workers travelling to Vancouver Island​

Won’t happen. Never will within one provincial jurisdiction. And don’t get me wrong don’t go visit family or shop on mainland then come back but that’s pretty absurd of a suggestion this person wants.

Won’t happen. Never will within one provincial jurisdiction. And don’t get me wrong don’t go visit family or shop on mainland then come back but that’s pretty absurd of a suggestion this person wants.
Yep. People need to get real with their expectations. Just like demanding masks be mandatory because maybe 1 out of 50 people isn't wearing a mask...is it really going to make a lick of difference? Nope. The real reasons this is spiraling is too politically sensitive to touch....so strap in for the ride.

Psychology is quite visible these days. The strident callers for mandatory masking are seeking recognition and validation for their voluntary mask wearing. Most of us carry and wear a mask when indicated, but a few have to take it further and demand everyone be dragged in kicking and screaming. Dr Henry keeps saying a blanket mask order is counterproductive but the few aren't hearing her.

I guess there's always a handful of people out at both ends of the spectrum. The "free men on the land" anti mask types make up just as much BS to justify their stance as the mandatory order folks do. In both cases it's a window into their inner thoughts and motivations.

Comorbidities
Interesting article from John Robson.

I get the seriousness of this virus, I am disappointed that the government deems certain information to be 'too dangerous' for the general public to handle.

The other interesting part is similar to the climate emergency issue, if the science is settled, why are the predicted results often wrong?

I guess I have a problem when I think I am being manipulated, for my own good or otherwise.

Listening to the radio this morning sounds like a lot more measures are inbound and possible province wide.

Psychology is quite visible these days. The strident callers for mandatory masking are seeking recognition and validation for their voluntary mask wearing. Most of us carry and wear a mask when indicated, but a few have to take it further and demand everyone be dragged in kicking and screaming. Dr Henry keeps saying a blanket mask order is counterproductive but the few aren't hearing her.

I guess there's always a handful of people out at both ends of the spectrum. The "free men on the land" anti mask types make up just as much BS to justify their stance as the mandatory order folks do. In both cases it's a window into their inner thoughts and motivations.

does this same logic not apply to everything then? why make anything mandatory

"The strident callers for mandatory masking are seeking recognition and validation for their voluntary mask wearing."

Maybe they just want this damned virus over asap and hope that a mandatory mask policy could help speed up the process?

"The strident callers for mandatory masking are seeking recognition and validation for their voluntary mask wearing."

Maybe they just want this damned virus over asap and hope that a mandatory mask policy could help speed up the process?
I personally want a mandatory mask policy so this poor horse can finally be put to rest. It's comical at this point.

data doesn’t support this position though. Hence why it hasn’t been put into place....

your right it probably won't happen but what will probably happen instead is just more bc wide measures.

The lockdown rumours are interesting.

Dr. Henry says no to mandatory masks since most of the recent spread is in social settings where people would not usually wear a mask.
So what BC wide measure will prevent these social spreaders?
I thought we were not to have house guests unless they are in our trusted 6 or something.

The lockdown rumours are interesting.

Dr. Henry says no to mandatory masks since most of the recent spread is in social settings where people would not usually wear a mask.
So what BC wide measure will prevent these social spreaders?
I thought we were not to have house guests unless they are in our trusted 6 or something.

One of the top rumors is extended winter break for students

Science based or politics?

B.C. Premier John Horgan said he is calling on the federal government to implement a "pan-Canadian approach" to non-essential travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Horgan said people should not be travelling in and out of B.C. unless on essential business.

"I'm asking the federal government to work with us and other provinces to get the message out that if you do not need to travel between jurisdictions, you shouldn't do that," he said.

"I'm encouraging the prime minister to take this opportunity with all of us."

He said the travel restrictions brought in a week-and-a-half ago in B.C., which advise against non-essential travel in and out of the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions, will be extended for "the next two weeks at least."

Horgan said the province is looking into whether a mandatory 14-day quarantine rule would be brought in for travellers arriving on Vancouver Island.

Canadian businesses, mostly those that have not been damaged by COVID-19, have accumulated $70 billion, Tal and Judge wrote. Their operating accounts are currently up 30 per cent year-over-year and it’s led to cash positions increasing 15 per cent in the same timeframe.

Tal and Judge suspect that much of this growth was fuelled by Canadian Emergency Business Account loans from the federal government. As part of its COVID-19 relief package, the Liberal government provided small businesses with up to $40,000 in zero-interest loans. The economists suspect that many Canadian businesses took these loans as insurance, even if they didn’t expressively need them, and that the cash is sitting in deposit accounts.

“It is very possible that many companies took these loans as insurance, but kept them in deposit accounts — hence adding to their overall cash position,” they said.

Science based or politics?

B.C. Premier John Horgan said he is calling on the federal government to implement a "pan-Canadian approach" to non-essential travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Horgan said people should not be travelling in and out of B.C. unless on essential business.

"I'm asking the federal government to work with us and other provinces to get the message out that if you do not need to travel between jurisdictions, you shouldn't do that," he said.

"I'm encouraging the prime minister to take this opportunity with all of us."

He said the travel restrictions brought in a week-and-a-half ago in B.C., which advise against non-essential travel in and out of the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions, will be extended for "the next two weeks at least."

Horgan said the province is looking into whether a mandatory 14-day quarantine rule would be brought in for travellers arriving on Vancouver Island.

Oh this feels like politics.. is tourism season not wound down for the season? Is he saying that Alberta is the reason for the influx in cases. This man has a history of making neighbor province the bad guy and a common enemy. His base loves it. No mention of the international airport.. That would upset his base.

What a Tool... Is this not the guy who called an unnecessary election in the middle of a pandemic.

This country is in trouble...

Last edited:
Oh this feels like politics.. is tourism season not wound down for the season? Is he saying that Alberta is the reason for the influx in cases. This man has a history of making neighbor province the bad guy and a common enemy. His base loves it.

This country is in trouble...

Will have to wait and see what their reasoning is as I thought most case transmision was people in their own homes having friends and family over. Now its seems they are targeting different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back