All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was done with this crap long ago. I don't see ANYTHING that the "Worlds ending" pros have forecasted coming true, yet every day they preach it and their flocks follow. I know the fooled will say it never happened because we stopped our lives but that does not explain all the countries who did very little or could do very little, they show almost the same infection/death rates when real data, apples to apples comparisons and info is used. This whole thing makes no sense, sanitize your hands before entering a store, wear a mask, self isolate, keep a small amount of friends in your circle, our Pro Officials state this every time they get to preach, then they disobey ALL their own rules again on TV, 2 meters in a demonstration=BS. Yet the dumbed downs (flocks) still believe, we better have a massive increase and many Covid deaths within the next few weeks. Just look at all the rule breakers on TV. If we don't???? The Covids "fake" level will explode.

Good that the media has a new "crisis" to follow.

Only got one life, me=I am living mine, and NOT in self imprisonment.

HM

It's already been decided amongst my circle. If there isn't a big uptick in two weeks because of the protests then I'm done with this ****.

Agreed - one more week til we get to the 2 week mark after the big Art Gallery protest. If there's no uptick, it's time to move on and get back to life as it generally was before. Wash hands more frequently etc, especially around those more vulnerable, but let's get the restaurants etc back to a more normal level. I would still be hesitant about nightclubs, large scale sporting events etc, but smaller venues should be allowed to operate close to normal.

This is a real eye opener:
“Everyone is looking for the cavalry to come,” Upshur says. “We want an approach that’s going to get us out of here quickly. But I’ve worked on pandemic preparedness since the mid-’90s. You learn one thing: respect the virus.”
“The immunity of respiratory viruses is extremely tricky,” Upshur says. “They mutate quickly and, for some reason, unlike measles or mumps, we don’t get this permanent, enduring immunity.” Immunity could perhaps last two years, as with the first sars; it could also be more like six months. We won’t know until we have the benefit of two, three, five years’ hindsight. “It’s really nice to think that serology is going to come to the rescue, but I’m not convinced it’s going to be the tool people think it is at the current time,” Upshur says. As for immunity certificates? There, he’s less inclined to hedge. “The idea that we would have anything like an immunity passport is science fiction.”
https://thewalrus.ca/how-to-lift-a-...JohikdNO5HFqTX5l1eRTQCWzmwY1Pg9uuHVrwZcNMGi9U

It's already been decided amongst my circle. If there isn't a big uptick in two weeks because of the protests then I'm done with this ****.

This unfortunately hits the nail on the head. If there isn't a statistically significant increase in COVID-19 cases within 2-3 weeks of all of the protests/riots, I think it will be a nail in the coffin for COVID.

There are likely two main reasons for this but it will take some time to determine. 1. It's probable that COVID-19 is losing its virulence. 2. The asymptomatic numbers are likely going to exceed 30-50% once all is said and done with a good portion of the general population having been exposed and developing at least partial immunity.

Unless you are prepared to live in a bubble for the next 18-24 months if an effective vaccine can be developed, get back to some semblance of normalcy. If you're sick, stay at home. Practice good hand hygiene, often. Don't touch your mouth, eyes, nose. Maintain physical distancing. If you can't physically distance, wear a non-medical mask. Cover your mouth/nose if you cough or sneeze and to it away from others.

If you're afraid, stay at home. If you are an at risk demographic, stay home and limit interaction with others.

This unfortunately hits the nail on the head. If there isn't a statistically significant increase in COVID-19 cases within 2-3 weeks of all of the protests/riots, I think it will be a nail in the coffin for COVID.

There are likely two main reasons for this but it will take some time to determine. 1. It's probable that COVID-19 is losing its virulence. 2. The asymptomatic numbers are likely going to exceed 30-50% once all is said and done with a good portion of the general population having been exposed and developing at least partial immunity.

Unless you are prepared to live in a bubble for the next 18-24 months if an effective vaccine can be developed, get back to some semblance of normalcy. If you're sick, stay at home. Practice good hand hygiene, often. Don't touch your mouth, eyes, nose. Maintain physical distancing. If you can't physically distance, wear a non-medical mask. Cover your mouth/nose if you cough or sneeze and to it away from others.

If you're afraid, stay at home. If you are an at risk demographic, stay home and limit interaction with others.

Not sure what "nail in the coffin for COVID" means. As you say we won't know the extent of the pandemic until it's over.

I've read research that suggests recent mutations in the virus have actually increased virulence: https://globalnews.ca/news/7070148/coronavirus-mutation-infection-study/

I think most people agree that it's time to relax the restrictions, but the relaxation has to be managed. At some point we are at risk of re-starting the exponential growth in transmission. My understanding is that our provincial plan for relaxing is based on the BC modelling group's research, summarised in a preprint here: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.17.20070086v1

EaccrKYXkAANrfD

Widely varying leeway to relax COVID-19 measures
Eafyd7PUYAASEWZ

How much leeway is there to relax COVID-19 control measures?

Abstract
Following successful widespread non-pharmaceutical interventions aiming to control COVID-19, many jurisdictions are moving towards reopening economies and borders. Given that little immunity has developed in most populations, re-establishing higher contact rates within and between populations carries substantial risks. Using a Bayesian epidemiological model, we estimate the leeway to reopen in a range of national and regional jurisdictions that have experienced different COVID-19 epidemics. We estimate the risks associated with different levels of reopening and the likely burden of new cases due to introductions from other jurisdictions. We find widely varying leeway to reopen, high risks of exceeding past peak sizes, and high possible burdens per introduced case per week, up to hundreds in some jurisdictions. We recommend a cautious approach to reopening economies and borders, coupled with strong monitoring for changes in transmission.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.12.20129833v1

Not sure what "nail in the coffin for COVID" means. As you say we won't know the extent of the pandemic until it's over.

I've read research that suggests recent mutations in the virus have actually increased virulence: https://globalnews.ca/news/7070148/coronavirus-mutation-infection-study/

If that's the case, we're about to see a massive spike in cases, because social distancing has been pretty much thrown to the wind in all the protests and riots.

Ergo, if we don't see a big spike, it seems reasonable to conclude that much of what we're doing is unnecessary.

Clearly if you can have thousands upon thousands of people pack a public square and yell for hours without generating a significant outbreak, the concern about people possibly sitting five feet apart while at the beach instead of six was totally misplaced.

Consequences of the Memorial Day weekend crowds have been fairly minor and daily deaths in the US have continued to drop consistently since about the third week of April.

Even states like Texas which chose to start reopening April 30 IIRC have been on a downward trend in daily deaths since around that time.

So we'll see; I'm not opposed to the idea that we could be on the verge of a big second wave of protest infections. But if that doesn't happen, people should be asking some serious questions.

If that's the case, we're about to see a massive spike in cases, because social distancing has been pretty much thrown to the wind in all the protests and riots.

Ergo, if we don't see a big spike, it seems reasonable to conclude that much of what we're doing is unnecessary.

Clearly if you can have thousands upon thousands of people pack a public square and yell for hours without generating a significant outbreak, the concern about people possibly sitting five feet apart while at the beach instead of six was totally misplaced.

Consequences of the Memorial Day weekend crowds have been fairly minor and daily deaths in the US have continued to drop consistently since about the third week of April.

Even states like Texas which chose to start reopening April 30 IIRC have been on a downward trend in daily deaths since around that time.

So we'll see; I'm not opposed to the idea that we could be on the verge of a big second wave of protest infections. But if that doesn't happen, people should be asking some serious questions.
https://www.nfl.com/news/multiple-cowboys-texans-players-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back