All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXwk_hZXsAE3Xtv

Things to watch...
Pandemic management or blame management.
It's a telling strategy that shows the core value in someone.

Looks like Alberta wants 1000 volunteers a day that have no Covid symptoms to get tested. This will allow for data of how many of the population is asymptomatic. AHS will still have capacity to test those whom are showing symptoms & has the testing capacity.

The next couple weeks of data will show results from 14,000 test done on pepole with no symptoms. It will be very interesting

Last edited:
Looks like Alberta wants 1000 volunteers a day that have no Covid symptoms to get tested. This will allow for data of how many of the population is asymptomatic. AHS will still have capacity to test those whom are showing symptoms & has the testing capacity.

The next couple weeks of data will show results from 14,000 test done on pepole with no symptoms. It will be very interesting

They not only need to test who current has Covid (asymptomatic), but who has antibodies (who have already had it and didn't know). By just testing who currently has it, there will still not be true data.

Looking better today then when we started this.
EX2YRjoUMAAoXDc

They not only need to test who current has Covid (asymptomatic), but who has antibodies (who have already had it and didn't know). By just testing who currently has it, there will still not be true data.
Indeed. For a proper understanding they need to test a large correctly randomized sample.

I think that’s the point of testing random people as the post says. They want to see who is carrying the antibodies and didn’t even know they had it. I think the numbers will surprise us.

I think that’s the point of testing random people as the post says. They want to see who is carrying the antibodies and didn’t even know they had it. I think the numbers will surprise us.

Not really you can look at New York where they have done this testing. The hard hit areas were 20% but areas in the Suburbs in New York was 1-5%

Given the low death rate in bc I think it’s pretty safe to assume that not a lot of people have had the virus.

Given that fact it means that we are at high risk of an outbreak.

Social distancing measures are great but I think it’s really the essential travel only that’s probably now making the biggest difference.

IMO our health professionals are stuck between a rock and a hard place. That’s a bit what I think the survey is about. Yes I took it and yess at the end of it you can apply to get antibody tested .

Last edited:
Not really you can look at New York where they have done this testing. The hard hit areas were 20% but areas in the Suburbs in New York was 1-5%

Given the low death rate in bc I think it’s pretty safe to assume that not a lot of people have had the virus.

Given that fact it means that we are at high risk of an outbreak.

Social distancing measures are great but I think it’s really the essential travel only that’s probably now making the biggest difference.

Actually comparing BC to say Alberta, BC has quite a high death rate for the amount of cases they’ve had. BC total cases = 2360 deaths = 131. Alberta cases = 6345 and deaths = 118. I would suppose it’s do to the fact of the amount of retired and elderly in BC. But you are correct with BC’s low numbers you may not have seen the worst yet, others may be over the curve already. Who knows time will tell.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/tracking-every-case-of-covid-19-in-canada-1.4852102

Actually comparing BC to say Alberta, BC has quite a high death rate for the amount of cases they’ve had. BC total cases = 2360 deaths = 131. Alberta cases = 6345 and deaths = 118. I would suppose it’s do to the fact of the amount of retired and elderly in BC. But you are correct with BC’s low numbers you may not have seen the worst yet, others may be over the curve already. Who knows time will tell.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/tracking-every-case-of-covid-19-in-canada-1.4852102

Bc has not had a lot of deaths if you compare it to our population. So that leads me to believe we have not had a lot of cases unless we are somehow more resistant to the virus and I think you will agree that probably not the case.

We are over the curve data clearly shows that but just because you are over the curve it does not mean you can’t have another outbreak. The more you open the more u make that a reality. I’m not fear mongeing but that seems to be why our heath professionals have a hard time dealing with opening things up.

My buddy just had his whole family tested and they all had it in February. About a month ago their toes went black which led them to getting the test done. All the covid doctors are geaking out on them hard now because this covid toes thing is rare so far in bc.

My buddy just had his whole family tested and they all had it in February. About a month ago their toes went black which led them to getting the test done. All the covid doctors are geaking out on them hard now because this covid toes thing is rare so far in bc.

I work with 2 guys that both had viral pneumonia in December and two others that were coughing up blood in February and one in March.

The guy in March because he lives by himself and could have work from home public health never got him tested.

So the antibody testing will be interesting

Dr. Henry does not think masks should be mandatory for some very good reasons. (@ 23:35) Follow her advice, be careful not to stigmatize folks for wearing or NOT wearing a mask.

This is good news

Health Canada approves COVID-19 antibody test

Study: Differences in the concerns of Canadians with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic

Released: 2020-05-13

Canadians' concerns about COVID-19 have evolved since the onset of the pandemic, from near-universal concern about health-related issues in early April, to an increased concern about the social impact later in the month.

These findings are from a new study based on the responses of almost 200,000 Canadians who answered a crowdsourcing questionnaire about COVID-19 from April 3 to April 9, 2020. An additional 50,000 answered the same questionnaire from April 10 and April 25. The study highlights the changes in the perceptions of Canadians with respect to COVID-19 over this period.

Over the course of just one week, significant differences were found in the perceptions of crowdsourcing participants. Specifically, later participants (78%)—that is, second- and third-week participants—were less likely to be "very" or "extremely" concerned about overloading the health system compared with first-week participants (88%).

Later participants were slightly more concerned than first-week participants about certain social factors, such as family stress from confinement (37% versus 35%), maintaining social ties (37% versus 34%) and the possibility of violence in the home (11% versus 8%). Youth remained more likely than older participants to be concerned about family stress and violence in the home.

For the most part, there were little differences in precautions taken by participants between those who answered in the first week and those who answered in the second and third weeks.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/200513/dq200513b-eng.htm

EX6Bvk3X0AcCRpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back