All candidates Meeting Cumberland

To make our voices hear, be prepared to start yelling on the floor if Douglas chooses not to include any fisheries question-- that whats happened last election., The mods chose only the questions that THEY felt were relevant.

I'll be there. I will be wearing my Costa Rica ball cap so if inclined say "Hi"

Folks-- get there no later than 6:30 or you will be standing at the back of the room with no access to the microphone.

MOST IMPORTANTLY-- HAVE YOUR QUESTIONS , ONE PER PAGE WRITTEN OUT AND GIVE THEM TO THE MODERATOR WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE MEETING. YOU MIGHT STRESS THAT THIS ISSUE IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE , NOT ONLY TO RECREATIONAL ANGLERS, BUT ALSO TO MANY COASTAL COMMUNITIES ON VANCOUVER iSLAND AND UP THE COAST AND IS A RIP-OFF OF A COMMON PROPERTY RESOURCE THAT BELONGS TO ALL CANADIANS

What i learned...

Duncan is the slime of all slime and i hate him.
The independant guy hates banks
Mike Holland Like to believe it was the liberals that did everything but is out to lunch
Sue Moen is retarded in so many ways its not worth talking about

And lastly Ronna Rae is 100% on our side and seemed the most sincere when it comes to the halibut issue. However, Her views on most other things are retarded.

Therefore, I believe I will still vote NDP for the better good of the north island, but its unreal how out of touch the NDP are with reality IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for summing it up Lorne..and I do agree with you!

If Duncan cannot represent his constituents I shudder to think of what he will do as next fisheries minister.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a chance to have a somewhat pointed discussion with Ms Kim Purchase. She is Duncans Director of Policy for Indian and Northern Affairs. I asked her that specific question about Duncan becoming the next Fisheries Minister. She said it was nonsense because Harper does not give his MPs any idea of cabinet posts until they are invited into the office a day or so before the announcement.......

On the question of dumping Duncan-- she asked me "Ok-- then what good will that do for you?" My answer was that whoever replaces him cant do any worst as he refused to listen to his constituents . But obviously we have got his attention and his lack of support for recreational fishing IS now an election issue. But we need a BIG showing with many more questions at the Courtenay All Candidates meeting on Thirsday to get the presses attention.

BTW- I did get a question from a bystander who wanted to know if we were anti commercial fishing......I stressed tro him that NO... we just want our fair share of a public resource. I didnt have time to explain to him that those commercials who have to lease quota from Slipper Skippers are getting screwed as well. A few of the PHMA guys were listening carefully to the candidates statements-- interesting........

pretty much ready to throw the ballot in the garbage. First time i have been to one of these and i was appalled at the caliber of people that we trust this country to... I agree with the above summery except that the NDP appear to be on side but have no solution to get us out of this mess.

Back