Alder Bay/Telegraph Cove

bigbruce

Crew Member
Fished Flower Island and the back side of Malcolm Island today - and got skunked. Very few fish at the cleaning station. Got up here yesterday to find that fishing in this area has been very slow for the past couple of weeks. Here for 6 weeks, though, so hopefully it will pick up!

Lot's of time yet bigbruce, I'm sure there are a few members that are familiar with that area. Good Luck!;) eman

I'm at telegraph as well, did good today, landed 4 springs and lost 4 at the boat. Other than that it's been crap.

Hammered a tyee on tail end of low tide, then hammered a 15lber at slack in the afternoon. They are around, but being hit and miss in places.

Out for the slack this morning looking for Hali between Malcolm and Cormorant - Zippo. Not many at the cleaning station this afternoon - although one of our camping neighbours did come in with a nice 22 lb spring off Flower - chovy at about 60 ft.

Big Bruce, what are u fishing out of? My boat is a campion explorer "tidal shot" blue top.

TS - I have a Seaswirl Striper with an Alaskan Hardtop - the "Finntastic" We're staying at the Alder Bay Resort.

Bruce private message sitkaspruce I fished up there last year about this time and I have never been before sent him a pm and he gave me a ton of places and gear options got our limits of halibut (first Hali's ever caught) and some big springs I believe we fished a lot at donegal point? And a wall that was real deep with a ton of bait at it can't remember what it was called.

Bruce private message sitkaspruce I fished up there last year about this time and I have never been before sent him a pm and he gave me a ton of places and gear options got our limits of halibut (first Hali's ever caught) and some big springs I believe we fished a lot at donegal point? And a wall that was real deep with a ton of bait at it can't remember what it was called.

If the wall that you are referencing is just south of Flower Island and across from Craycroft Point then it is probably what is locally considered to be "The Wall". It's usually good about 2 hours before high slack up to high slack and typically turns on a little bit before Craycroft Point. I fished there for 12 years before switching to the WCVI. One day I'll make a trip back.

Pulled out my chart yes flower island and craycroft also had good fishing between lizard point and donegal head for Hali's and salmon i think this was called the "slide" we also caught some Hali's out at foster island.

Been coming up here for about 5 years and have fished all of the spots mentioned. The fishing generally here right now is spotty at best. A few nice spring at the cleaning station every day but not a lot for the number of boats and fishing hours. I'm up here for 6 weeks, though so am not panicking....yet...

At alder bay? I'll look out for you.

Not at alder bay, we stay in a float cabin. Will be fishing all over the place. I find with this place the hours put in is what pays off in the long run. It can be spotty for a few days and suddenly will turn on without a moments notice. Not like west coast fishing imo.

I agree burns...and if the fishing isn't that great on any given day there's always whales and dolphins to watch.

Fishing continues to be pretty slow up here. One pink yesterday between Alder Bay and Lewis Point. Spent much of the day today between Donegal Head and the Slide with no result. Quite a few boats, but didn't see anything caught. A few at the cleaning station this afternoon, but again, not much result for a lot of fishing effort. Hopefully will pick up soon!

I will be in telegraph cove in a week and half with the wife, for few days. Keep the reports coming hopefully the fishing picks up. Have you seen any halis at the cleaning station? last year we picked one up on the back side of malcom, and I saw big one taken off of white cliff

I will be in telegraph cove in a week and half with the wife, for few days. Keep the reports coming hopefully the fishing picks up. Have you seen any halis at the cleaning station? last year we picked one up on the back side of malcom, and I saw big one taken off of white cliff
There's been a few - but very few. There was a nice long slack period this afternoon and quite a few boats between Mitchell Bay and Cormorant Island but didn't see any Hali's landed. I'm up here for 6 weeks so I'm not in any panic ... yet...

Back