alberni inlet chinooks

Rum Buddies

I'm heading up to fish the inlet this weekend and I would like to know if anybody can give me some information on what is currently going on. I have talked to China Creek marina and they said that springs are being caught all the way to the harbour, but i'm mostly curious on what type of strategy I should be using. I know a lot of guys use hoochies and squirts but is anchovy worth a try? What about plugs, any particular #'s that work in this area?

Thanks in advance!

Poppa
Don't have any advice as I posted a similar question a few days ago.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Tight lines
Time

I'll be up there saturday ..... buddy was fishing the last couple days did pretty good first fish on a pink hootchie and the rest on chovie hope that helps

Poppa, I was up there a week ago and the 5 inch #602 tomic spoon outfished three other rods with chovies and spooons. Good luck.

Sherman has got it!!! #602 works great.... 500's are good.... 639 is another good one (639 is just the 500 glow)!!

quote:first fish on a pink hootchie and the rest on chovie hope that helps

Yup that helps for sure, I wasn't planning on really fishing anchovy at all, but I will now.

quote:#602 works great.... 500's are good.... 639 is another good one (639 is just the 500 glow)!!

Thanks I have a 602 already but I'll try those numbers too. I'll let ya know how things go.

Back