Airmar transducer

Inlet Marine installed my electronics, and when I decided I simply couldn't live without a new B175HW, I installed that myself as it is through hull and it was super easy to cut around the old one.

@capman is your current transducer fouled in any way?

Inlet Marine installed my electronics, and when I decided I simply couldn't live without a new B175HW, I installed that myself as it is through hull and it was super easy to cut around the old one.

@capman is your current transducer fouled in any way?
Thanks, ab1752. I don't think it is fouled but it could be the issue with its position.

Thanks, ab1752. I don't think it is fouled but it could be the issue with its position.
My p66 loses bottom once I'm cruising along. I think most everyone does unless you get a fancy/expensive thru-hull. Mine is good at trolling speeds and I can see where the cannon balls are so I don't worry about it much. When your under speed, you should be looking at the chart anyways.

When it comes to electronics like F/F transducer, could someone recommend a shop or particular individual with very good knowledge to help? I have a Lowrance HDS Live 9 and a P66 transducer mounted on an aluminum bracket, I'm sort of ok with marking fish but as soon as I start cruising at even 15kn, I lose the bottom. I don't mind spending some money getting an expert opinion and having the right equipment.

When it comes to electronics like F/F transducer, could someone recommend a shop or particular individual with very good knowledge to help? I have a Lowrance HDS Live 9 and a P66 transducer mounted on an aluminum bracket, I'm sort of ok with marking fish but as soon as I start cruising at even 15kn, I lose the bottom. I don't mind spending some money getting an expert opinion and having the right equipment.
Many on here and myself included would recommend going to Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo, Great deals, very knowledgeable and great service.

I epoxied my transducer to to aluminum hull on the inside and then marked the location on the outside of hull and milled out the aluminum with a milling bit ,then I patched it with fibreglass cloth and tape. Then I farrowed it with thickened epoxy . Turned out great .
Yeah I took my aluminum boat out today and my fishfinder worked great . Accurate depth even at cruising speed.

I have a HDS 12 Live matched to a P66 based on the advice of Port Boathouse where I bought them together and mounted everything myself. So far I haven’t had any issue with reading bottom while cruising in the last 3 seasons. The P66 is mounted on the transom just up from the keel based on the install instructions.

I have a HDS 12 Live matched to a P66 based on the advice of Port Boathouse where I bought them together and mounted everything myself. So far I haven’t had any issue with reading bottom while cruising in the last 3 seasons. The P66 is mounted on the transom just up from the keel based on the install instructions.
I have the same set up but with a hds 9 live on a thunder jet 22. the p66 reads bottom while cruising (22-25mph) to depths of 700-800' and probably deeper. I HIGHLY recommend using FoulFree as it prevents growth on the transducer.

Was testing my p66 in osoyoos this weekend and it will hold bottom at 160’ deep, cruising 28 mph. Any quicker will lose bottom, and any deeper would likely lose bottom because too much interference

Back