Adding a Pod

jimbob

Does anyone have an idea of what it might cost to convert an inboard/outboard transom on an 18.5 foot Double Eagle to a Pod?

JimBob, You might wnat to make sure your transom will take the extra weight and torque involved with a pod...
Sometimes certain hulls will porpoise and ride way different.
Double Eagles have made a boat similar to what you want to do and it might be wise to go have a look at one, take measurements and get a spec sheet from Double Eagle on the factory model.
I'm not saying that you can't do it...just gotta make sure.

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

I looked into doing a pod on a 18.5 Double Eagle,richmake is giving you some very good advice,I didn't go ahead.....not saying it won't work,do some research.Dan

Sounds like a better plan might be to simply remove the old engine and leg and rebuild the transom and put an outboard directly on the transom without going to a pod. Any idea on the cost of rebuilding the transom with this in mind?

They only made the 18.5 Double Eagle with an outboard for one year.I wonder why....PM me Jimbob i'll tell you what I learned.Dan

Simply put Bob...and by no means do I mean any disrespect
Unless you have a love affair with the Eagle, ya might want to go a different route.
you can get a better hull with a bracket and probably a decent four stroke for not much more than what you'll invest in the Double Eagle.
Now below are just two examples of what the market in the south has to offer and believe me...nobody down there is firm on their price at the moment.
I would bet that if you were going to invest in a pod and a used 200 hp 4 stroke...you'd be into it for around $15000cdn...
Believe me, once you get started and the can is opened...the price of a refit keeps going.
just my 2 cents

http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_d...ncedsearch&zip=99875&Ntk=boatsEN&Ntt=4+stroke

http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_d...ncedsearch&zip=99875&Ntk=boatsEN&Ntt=4+stroke

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

Back