Active imaging 3 in 1 transducer thoughts?

JohnS

I'm thinking of buying this transducer.. what are peoples thoughts on it vs p66 or other transducers in the <$500 range?

What depths do you usually fish? It’s pretty good for what it is for a shallow water transducer. The chirp on it is far better than the p66 transducer that obviously doesn’t have chirp. I have the 3in1 on my hds9 and p66 on my 7. The down and side scan are pretty much useless when your fishing 150+ feet of water. Mine came with my hds9, but if I was to spend money on it I would spend a bit more and go with a Tm150 or Tm165hw.

What depths do you usually fish? It’s pretty good for what it is for a shallow water transducer. The chirp on it is far better than the p66 transducer that obviously doesn’t have chirp. I have the 3in1 on my hds9 and p66 on my 7. The down and side scan are pretty much useless when your fishing 150+ feet of water. Mine came with my hds9, but if I was to spend money on it I would spend a bit more and go with a Tm150 or Tm165hw.
I fish pretty deep.. 200-300' (French creek).. does it do well to those depths or is it worth it to spend a bit more?

The chirp is the only thing on it that works at those depths. I use mine in deep water as well. Unless your getting a smoking deal on it or it’s included with your unit, I would look at spending a bit more for a straight chirp unit.

I have a 3in1 available if you’d like. Came with the hds 9 I bought. I’m using the p66 that was already on the boat I bought so I didn’t have to run transducer cables again. Would be nice to have the chirp but the p66 is doing fine for my needs. Pm me if you want to check it out. Located Langley but come through nanaimo often.

p66 or a TM165HW for in the salt or run both if you can ....

Why both?
run the p66 at 50 and the tm165 is a high wide 200 chirp i have 3 1 Kw thru hulls on the Berty still may hang the p66 and LSS-2 off the back

If you are looking for a GT54UHD transducer with a Garmin extension cable version2 dual chirp cable i have one you can have. Used it for a couple or months. Courtenay area.

Back