Ace Brutus Prawn Puller Hands Free Spooler

Looks pretty cool and not a big investment either, I give one a try too,
I like new toys!!

Let me think about this....No more wet/cold/cramped hands and fingers. I am sold :) I ordered mine last night.I thanked Mike for comming up with this today over the phone. Why did this take so long? This is great....This should be an item that comes standard with every prawn puller.

Just ordered a kit, will giver er a whirl this winter.
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking mine up tomorrow morning. Great idea which will save me a lot of back ache. I'll be drinking beers while my buddies are breaking a sweat on their boats.:p

when one of you guys get this going, please post up a report. this looks very slick and would save my aching back from hand coiling those deep drop lines.

when one of you guys get this going, please post up a report. this looks very slick and would save my aching back from hand coiling those deep drop lines.

Does anyone have a hands on review yet?

Thanks in advance.

Good idea with one caveat: should work fine in calm seas.
Add some significant boat movement and your nice little pile will likely change. Hell, have a beer and watch anyways!

Tried my new unit out this weekend. Works ok, but the line sometimes catches on the side bolster cushions on my Grady. Going to play around a bit to see if I can solve that issue. Other thing is if you have any knots on your line....watch out! You will need to be very careful pulling those through. Nice not having to pull on that line to bring it up.

Back