access to washdown pump in 2006 trophy pro 2002 WA

KANOOK

Help needed:
want to install a new access door in motor well , plan to remove round access and install a larger one in its place. reinstall round plate in starboard side of motor well above pump.
Problem I have is my boat is in Tahsis and want to get the largest access door possible. Need measurement for clearances.
Open to any suggestions to access wash down pump.

Cheers
Robbie

Can I suggest you contact Trophy itself ........ I have a 99 2002FF so not able to help you.

Trophy made the smallest access in our boats ....... ridiculous really. Side fish well pumps are a dream to get at too. Now if Only my 3 year old nephew could work a wrench or 2.

good luck

I have 2005 2002 WA and I had to replace my washdown pump last year what a b!@#$h that was. I gave up trying to install back down in the bilge and moved it to the left hand side access door mounted to back wall. works great. I made a water inlet and outlet in the splash well so that I don't have a hose in the boat. I sealed the seacock and now use a suction hose out the back of the boat. Works great

I would rethink adding a larger access door to the splash well, I sometimes have to step out there to get stuff off the outboards and I would worry about the weight carrying ability of a larger access door. They are also much harder to keep sealed than the round ones. I did however replace the cheep pry hatch cover with a high quality screw in one.

Capt

I have 2005 2002 WA and I had to replace my washdown pump last year what a b!@#$h that was. I gave up trying to install back down in the bilge and moved it to the left hand side access door mounted to back wall. works great. I made a water inlet and outlet in the splash well so that I don't have a hose in the boat. I sealed the sea **** and now use a suction hose out the back of the boat. Works great

I would rethink adding a larger access door to the splash well, I sometimes have to step out there to get stuff off the outboards and I would worry about the weight carrying ability of a larger access door. They are also much harder to keep sealed than the round ones. I did however replace the cheep pry hatch cover with a high quality screw in one.

Capt

Question CPM ?
What about a round access hatch above the pump in the splashwell ? I think there is enough flat area ?

Cheers
Robbie

Back