Ever replace a fish locker pump on 2006 Trophy?

hbpaints

Crew Member
Looks like my starboard side fish locker pump quit on my boat yesterday. Hit the switch and nada…

Anyone ever have one of these out? Can’t seem to locate any access. Other than blindly feeling under the floor from the engine doghouse.

switch/wiring and fuse all test out fine…

Thanks in advance for any suggestions…

Looks like my starboard side fish locker pump quit on my boat yesterday. Hit the switch and nada…

Anyone ever have one of these out? Can’t seem to locate any access. Other than blindly feeling under the floor from the engine doghouse.

switch/wiring and fuse all test out fine…

Thanks in advance for any suggestions…
I had issues with mine as well. I have replaced one, and as mentioned it is nothing short of a massive PITA. You’ll have to disconnect both self bailing ports to get access to the pump motor. Access through the service door where your batteries sit.

The second time I had issue, my pump was just jammed full of nastys, like fish muck and pine needles and would not spin. Much easier to repair than yanking the pump!

good luck!

Just did both on mine. If yours is the same Johnson pump there is a tab on the side of the housing you can lift up and spin out the cartridge. I was able to do them with only removing the battery on the starboard side. Mine is an outboard not sure how much different yours is to access

I had issues with mine as well. I have replaced one, and as mentioned it is nothing short of a massive PITA. You’ll have to disconnect both self bailing ports to get access to the pump motor. Access through the service door where your batteries sit.

The second time I had issue, my pump was just jammed full of nastys, like fish muck and pine needles and would not spin. Much easier to repair than yanking the pump!

good luck!
I’m wondering if that’s my issue? It started to work and then slowed to a stop?
did you still need to remove or how did you manage to clean?

thanks…

I’m wondering if that’s my issue? It started to work and then slowed to a stop?
did you still need to remove or how did you manage to clean?

thanks…
I’m sure it’s not the manufacturer’s best recommended practice, but I hit it with my garden hose nozzle on the jet setting. Also probed from the exterior with a piece of stainless wire. They’re finicky little buggers at best, a lot of owners replace with macerator pumps. Next time one of mine kicks it that’s my plan too

good luck!
Those scuppers arent easy to disconnect and they can break as well when removing the hose. I put brand new scuppers thruhulls and found the inside scuppers with the flat bottom at defender marine in Florida. I wonder if you can find some tubing that is flexible enough to remove easily.

Well that turned out to be a lot easier than expected… opened rear transom door, looked down and there was the pump. Easy peasy to get at, twisted out and removed…

took less than 30 seconds to get at mine… obviously not the norm?

Pump is definitely shot, voltage is good, impeller is very stiff… pretty sure bearing is gone on shaft.

Ill head up to Harbour Chandler tomorrow and see if they have a replacement, otherwise I guess Amazon is my next option?

9EDD7E19-9A53-4A35-A587-C2AECAF39838.jpeg

FB56C056-B606-4E25-ADE1-7D1E6DD26A06.jpeg

Do you have the screen installed on pump inlet/inside fish locker? If not get them, it will help stop all the crud jamming up and stopping the pumps

Attachments

• 20210727_173720.jpg
    20210727_173720.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210727_173813.jpg
    20210727_173813.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210727_173819.jpg
    20210727_173819.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
I saw those pumps down there didnt know it was easy to pull them. Ill see about checking mine. I am also putting in a new washdown pump in the port battery door. My idea is to put inlet and outlet fittings through to the splash well. Then throw the inlet hose out the back when it time to clean up. When the washdown pump fails will be alot easier to change than having to prone out and work in the splashdown hatch.

Back