A Shift in my Fishing World

Loud silk Hawaiian shirts and 10 pairs of "My Package" underwear ought to convince her she was better off advising folks to gift you Pac angler cards.

Advise folks to give her gift cards to Pac Angler.

You might try this, a variation on what my son does so his wife doesn’t bother him about watching football:
  1. Assign a point value to each of your existing (old) lures and flashers based on how well you think they work, say 10 points for each lure and each flasher.
  2. Give a higher point value to any new lure or flasher you add during the year, say 20 points.
  3. With each salmon you catch record the lure and flasher combo and total points.
  4. Each month calculate the point value of old gear vs. new gear.
  5. At the end of Month One you might have caught 5 fish on an old Gibbs/Hootchie combo for 50 points and 3 fish on the new Hotshot/AP spoon for 60 points.
  6. If new gear wins wife gets a dinner out at restaurant of her choice, or you cook dinner, or whatever. If old gear wins your wife will be encouraging you to buy more new gear.
  7. The issue of what constitutes gear will likely come up - lures, flashers are easy but a guy in sales should be able to convince someone that the only reason to buy any new gear is to catch more fish and, because of the new tackle/old tackle point weighting , it is in her interest to see you with as much gear and as much money on Pac Angler gift cards as you think will help.
You're welcome :)

@Pursuit Not sure if you are a hockey fan but this seems like a form of Corsi (I am a stats and numbers guy and I can't wrap my head around it), if it shifts my gift cards from $800 I'm Harry Rosen and a $25 Bass Pro card ....I am with the Corsi. I am buying in.

Well Scott, seems your only recourse is to have a little auction and sell your "Harry" stuff off....might be able to end up with a $50.00 Pac card......

I think by the time the smoke cleared for me.....$250 Keg, $500 WSS, $200 Steveston Marine ....... and a few other assorted useful ones!! Guess I was a tad more lucky!

Well Scott, seems your only recourse is to have a little auction and sell your "Harry" stuff off....might be able to end up with a $50.00 Pac card......

I think by the time the smoke cleared for me.....$250 Keg, $500 WSS, $200 Steveston Marine ....... and a few other assorted useful ones!! Guess I was a tad more lucky!

Trades? :p

Haven't worn a suit for work for well over a dozen years!! Took that long to get out of one, never again!!

Suits are for court, weddings, and funerals. Hopefully I won't be requiring a suit for any of those reasons again any time soon. Selling the gift certificate at a small discount on the net sounds like the most useful suggestion so far. Good luck Scott.

Perhaps refering your significant other to counselling might also be helpful in this situation. Obviously she has developed some form of delusion if she is thinking it's possible to have enough fishing tackle. Just kidding bud. :)

Suits are for court, weddings, and funerals. Hopefully I won't be requiring a suit for any of those reasons again any time soon. Selling the gift certificate at a small discount on the net sounds like the most useful suggestion so far. Good luck Scott.

Ya....that won't be happening...haha. I'll definitely be using them as my other half obviously had a bit of a directive in telling people to go that route, not worth the fall out that could happen. :p ;) :eek:

I'll definitely use them and hope by this time next year I am singing a different tune. ;)

Back