A Sad Day

My condolences to you and your family. Non pet owners tend not to understand the family bond that one develops with a dog. My wife can't have kids so our dogs are our children. Losing one to cancer was the worst feeling of loss I think I have ever felt. My heart goes out to you.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
I'm also going to be in the same boat when I lose my fishing partner...

Attachments

• Pete Fishing.jpg
    Pete Fishing.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 44
Sorry to hear that Justin. It was just a couple days ago I saw you and her down at the boat. My condolences to you and your family. We have a yellow and he used to be my fishing buddy but hes getting a little old to spend some of the long hours we spend on the water. He only comes for the short trips. It will be a very sad day when he is gone :(

-Steve

truly sorry for your loss tailspin.

Mine is 13 and im dreading the day.

I fully understand the joys of bringing your fishing buddy out with you. The click of the reel would bring him right up to the edge to help. When cleaning the fish on board i would have to fight him back from eating the damn things. He really thought he was part of the pack hunting.

Can't imagine life without him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have three dogs and have lost a few over the years. It is very painful losing a family member. Sorry for your loss Tailspin.

Keep your chin up Justin. I know everyday that my girl is looking down on me. Your pooch will be too. .......... well , at least when she can spare a moment from those wide open feilds!

We miss you Bungi.

Sorry to hear Justin, have a black lab and can't imagine how torn up I will be one day. If how you treat people during your time on earth dictates if you make it up into those big fields in the sky....there are surely many more dogs up then there are humans.

Wow Justin, that is truly sad news. I can't believe it happened so unexpectedly and right in front of you all. Time will make it better and you will always have the great memories. Take care buddy.

Very sorry to hear that. Sad day indeed. As the guys said above, they just don't live long enough, but they sure give you all the love they've got while they're here, eh? If there's any silver lining on that dark cloud, her passing is exactly the way you'd want it to end, quick, no pain, and with the ones you love.

A friend and neighbour of mine recently lost her dog of almost 11 years. I came home from work and her dog was not well, it was evident the end was near and a few short hours later, it was. I must tell you, there is not much I have seen in my 48 years that was more painful than watching somebody watch their dog die. Holy smokes! It was real sad.

The grief for her was almost too much to bare, it was awful. Finally she got a new pup after 3 weeks and it has very quickly worked its way into our hearts over here. She felt guilty getting a new dog so quick, like she was being unfaithful to her old dog but I assured her the new pup was not a replacement, but a new companion that is never intended to replace the old.

The new pup is a handful but in a great way.

Cheers,
Jim.

hey buddy sorry to hear about the loss. its never a good thing when you lose your best fishing partner. definelty have to make sure the next trip out goes out to your poor pup.

Very sad Tailspin , lots of good memories I am sure though. My sheperd x is dying of cancer right now ,no pain but tough to watch.
Its hard to believe how these animals understand us.

"gone but not forgotten".

beemer

sad to hear

Hey Tailspin--very sorry to hear about your dog. We lost our yellow lab in late November and there is still a hole in my heart. What gets me is after 13 years, old habits live on. i'll be watching a Canucks game and think to myself when the period ends," Better get the coat on and walk the dog." Then it hurts when i realize that she no longer needs walking.
T2

I hear ya T, have already done a few habitual things before we went out, feel stupid but......oh well. Actually i am more just lost with that erie quiet that i really notice and with a 2 year old its far from quiet, just some missing noises on the hardwood etc. glad im not the only sucktit, lol. this will sting for many moons im sure. again thanks.

My condolences also, if dogs aren't allowed in heaven then I want to go where they are!

P.s. I have outlived a few dogs and it still hurts for everyone. They are family and your best friend.

Sorry to hear about your loss. We dog owners willingly put up with ruined lawns, hardwood, carpets and dog hair on all our clothes and in every meal as a fair trade for the companionship dogs offer. Good luck with a new pup or rescue dog when you are ready.

We dog owners willingly put up with ruined lawns, hardwood, carpets and dog hair on all our clothes and in every meal as a fair trade for the companionship dogs offer.
Been looking in and around my house much? :D

That made me need to post again..
Sorry again Justin.... The pain will heal and the good memories will flood your thoughts... in time...as been stated already

Lippy .....he's a pet guy

We lost our 14 year old Golden Retriever just over a year ago. He was
never sick a day in his life and we thought he just seemed a little tired
one night but the next morning he had passed away in his sleep. We both took
it very hard especially my wife.

"The pain of losing a loved one will never compare to the joy they bring you
during their lifetime."

Very deepest condolences to you and your family Tailspin.

Back