A Sad Day

Tailspin

Lost my trusty Yellow Lab today that many have seen out on the chuck, passed just after I got home from work, no warning...barked at the door, layed on her bed by the stove let out a yelp, died in my arms in front of my wife and our two year old daughter. going to be a tough loss as she almost lived on the boat with me, made many a guest smile as she sampled their lunch. 9 of the best years out of my best friend for sure. She will be truly missed and a hard act to follow.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/jcw777/IMG_1606.jpg

Offshore Ukee in the Bertram.

IMG_1606.jpg

Its the sad thing about pets man.... you last longer than them and they are part of the family.

Sorry J

Sorry to hear about this Justin. Loosin' a dog ain't any easier than losin' a family member. My condolences.

Dogs are especially tough. Seems they spend there whole life tryin' to be your best-friend.

very sorry to hear of your loss:(, as hard as it is ,as dog lovers we accept going through up to ten awesome dogs in our human lifetime...meet her when your done......back on the boat.

AHHH man that sucks bud that dog was so cool to had fun with her a lot never met a lab that didnt like to play catch a she did indeed.
Sorry for your loss bud call me when you can

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tailspin I am sorry for your loss. I do not have a lab but I do have a boxer and she is my life. Just thinking about losing her breaks me up so I can not amagine what you are going through. My thought are with you.

It is truly amazing how a dog can touch your heart. They are truly man's best friend.....

We lost our Chocolate Lab Koko last year, we were feeling very much like you are now. We got Buddy another Chocolate a few weeks later, he is our third Lab. Each time I never thought I could find a friend as good as the one I lost, each time I was wrong. They have all been awesome companions and friends. I found this poem last year when looking around and feeling lost without our friend.

Just A Dog

From time to time people tell me, “Lighten up, it’s just a dog,” or, “That’s a lot of money for just a dog.” They don’t understand the distance traveled, time spent, or costs involved for “Just a dog.” Some of my proudest moments have come about with “Just a dog.” Many hours have passed with my only company being “Just a dog” provided comfort and purpose to overcome the day.

If you, too, think its “Just a dog,” you will probably understand phrases like “Just a friend,” “Just a sunrise”, or “Just a promise”. “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person. Because of “Just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

For me and folks like me, it’s not “Just a dog.” It’s an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. “Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that SOMEDAY people can understand it’s not “Just a dog.” It’s the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “Just a man or woman.”

So the next time you hear the phrase “Just a dog”, smile, because they “Just Don't Understand”.

~ Author Unknown

I don't know why I always have to click on these threads because they almost always make me tear up a bit, even though I didn't know the dog nor actually know its owner either.
It's simply a common human reaction when one knows and understands what the owner is going through in dealing with the loss of a family member I suppose, and so I offer my deepest condolences.
Nothing like a good dog and losing one hurts like all get out.
All the best...........and....

Take care.

Thanks Guys, appreciate the advice, this is a tough one that i did not look forward too.
Just trying to talk the wife into getting on another one ASAP....Hali fishing would be just **** without my pup to lend a hand.

Sorry for your lose. Me thinks his spirit and karma will always be with you. Look forward to some fine fishing in the future mate.

Sorry to hear Tailspin.....I know it's not easy at all.

Sounds like you have some great memories to keep your pup out there with you.

Sorry for your loss Tailspin.

My condolences, been there and it is a crappy feeling to lose a more than human friend.

Justin-- as one who has grown up with labs, and having two of the pot lickers sprawled out on the couch as I type, I know how much it hurts to lose a buddy. But with time. you will start to heal and the great memories will be what you remember.

Justin-- as one who has grown up with labs, and having two of the pot lickers sprawled out on the couch as I type, I know how much it hurts to lose a buddy. But with time. you will start to heal and the great memories will be what you remember.

Well said Brian-
Having two of my own pot lickers at home & lost my first Black lab (Derby)5 years ago. The dog that leaped out of my boat to retrieve the salmon before I could net them . It's a loss of a family member- never a fun event.
Justin sorry for the loss

Back