A bit of Victoria Fishing

SparkySteve

I had a great week in Victoria visiting family that I haven't seen in far too long! I am looking forward to making it at least an annual trip from Ontario so I bought some fishing gear to use when I visit. Had a great time shore fishing and also got out breifly in a kayak. Didn't catch anything spectacular, but that's fine!

Special shout out to John Ingram who met me at one of the spots and helped me out with some casting tips as I am more of a fresh-water lake-trout guy :)

Video of kayaking here:

Caught Cabezon, Lingcod and Rockfish (all returned) as well as a teeny tiny minnow, not sure how that little guy managed to hook himself!!!

Feel free to message me if you visit Ottawa, I am always happy to get out fishing no matter what season it is!

Attachments

• rockfish1.jpg
    rockfish1.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 44
  • lingcod.jpg
    lingcod.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 2021-08-23 07.18.13.jpg
    2021-08-23 07.18.13.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 46
I had a great week in Victoria visiting family that I haven't seen in far too long! I am looking forward to making it at least an annual trip from Ontario so I bought some fishing gear to use when I visit. Had a great time shore fishing and also got out breifly in a kayak. Didn't catch anything spectacular, but that's fine!

Special shout out to John Ingram who met me at one of the spots and helped me out with some casting tips as I am more of a fresh-water lake-trout guy :)

Video of kayaking here:

Caught Cabezon, Lingcod and Rockfish (all returned) as well as a teeny tiny minnow, not sure how that little guy managed to hook himself!!!

Feel free to message me if you visit Ottawa, I am always happy to get out fishing no matter what season it is!
Happens pretty often when you are jigging in a bait ball to foul hook one. Did you have a fishfinder showing you where the bait was or did you just get lucky? All in all looks like a fun day and good exercise!

Back