• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
I usually always having something to upgrade or fix in my free time. Whether it be on the boat, truck, motorcycle, camper, house. Always a long list of things to do that keep me busy on weekends.

Spring time I spend lots of time fixing up the 1972 Honda cb350f to get it running in time for the good weather.

I play beer league slo pitch about 8 months out of the year.

Just getting into brewing beer in the last year. I have two kegs on tap at all times. Less recycling to do and more beer to drink haha.

Attachments

• 1D9D2269-6B77-4E58-B2F2-F10DF263A80F.png
    1D9D2269-6B77-4E58-B2F2-F10DF263A80F.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
  • A3A75BCB-AFC6-4CE9-833D-375BDA4838BE.png
    A3A75BCB-AFC6-4CE9-833D-375BDA4838BE.png
    853.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DE404996-43BB-4426-BDFE-6F8E81FAF423.png
    DE404996-43BB-4426-BDFE-6F8E81FAF423.png
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 89
I’m a long time (40 year) Ham radio operator. The original social media. I often wonder how many others are here.[/Q]

Ever talk with Art Bell before he died? He was a semi famous fringe radio host. Coast to coast AM and then later on it was midnight in the desert and I think for a short time his program was called dreamland. All mind fluff conspiracy theory stuff but interesting listening. He was a HAM operator out of Nevada for years.

My other two hobbies are High Power Sport Rocketry and Snow Skiing. Recently flew one of the rockets that I built to 15,000 feet. As for snow skiing, I'm aiming for 500,000 vertical feet of total skiing this season.

Nice shop. Just wondering how you manage the sawdust? My shops a little smaller (30x40)but I also have a mechanical section, wood working section ect but my metal working/welding equipment and supplies use up most of the space. I’ve been dragging the table saw and planer outside to keep the dust down but that’s not always an option and it can get pretty dusty in there, especially my hand tools or anything else that might have a little oil or grease on it.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Dust is definetly a battle Clint as I don't as of yet have a proper dust collection system. Last year I bought one of the small shop fans from CT I forget the name of it, you can see it in this pic sitting on the window sill behind the drill press. I have it close to the miter saw and stand and close to the table saw. When I'm sweeping or cutting lots in a day I'll have it going and it has really made a difference. But yah dust man it's a battle, keep at it with the air hose and shop,vac as best I can.

PS, love the bikes Clint, very cool past time my friend.

Attachments

• IMG_4226.JPG
    IMG_4226.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 70
Thanks Gentlemen.

Dust is definetly a battle Clint as I don't as of yet have a proper dust collection system. Last year I bought one of the small shop fans from CT I forget the name of it, you can see it in this pic sitting on the window sill behind the drill press. I have it close to the miter saw and stand and close to the table saw. When I'm sweeping or cutting lots in a day I'll have it going and it has really made a difference. But yah dust man it's a battle, keep at it with the air hose and shop,vac as best I can.

PS, love the bikes Clint, very cool past time my friend.

Thanks Walleyes. I also use a box type fan in my doorway. Summer time anyways lol. Little cold at this time of year. Another thing to try (after the mess is made) is an electric leaf blower. Open up your doors and a few minutes of that and the dust is mostly outside. Hint: wear a dust mask. Hahaha

As a few have mentioned after Salt Water fishing I enjoy Fresh water fishing and so do the kids. The other thing I and we do as a family is spending time together on the Quads and ATV's. We have been living away from the coast in Northern Alberta and there is no shortage of country to explore up regardless of the season.

What part of the country are you in R.S ?

We are in Fort McMurray. This is where I will probably be banned from the site! lol ;)

Never, always be proud of earning an honest living and supporting your family.

Yes it's nice country up there. Have you made it up to the Fire Bag River country yet, if not do yourself a favour and get up there, incredibly beautifully country, boreal forest region at its finest. To me there is no more beautiful country than the boreal regions of AB, and Sask. As nice as the coast is for me personely I'll take our forested regions of the north any day. Lots of awesome Grayling steams up there, here's a pic from Bear Creek chasing Grayling on the fly.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 90
Never, always be proud of earning an honest living and supporting your family.

Yes it's nice country up there. Have you made it up to the Fire Bag River country yet, if not do yourself a favour and get up there, incredibly beautifully country, boreal forest region at its finest. To me there is no more beautiful country than the boreal regions of AB, and Sask. As nice as the coast is for me personely I'll take our forested regions of the north any day. Lots of awesome Grayling steams up there, here's a pic from Bear Creek chasing Grayling on the fly.

Nice! I've been to the Fire Bag a few times and caught Grayling in Bear creek as well. I actually grew up here as a kid and moved to the Island for 10 years after college. Been back for a while now but still have a cabin on the Island that keeps us spending quite a bit of time out there. Lots of great little creeks up here with Grayling in them.....a lot of fun.

My hobbies include:
Expanding my whiskey horizons
Homebrew beer (had a lot of my own gear, then sold it off, but am thinking of getting back into the scene again) - maybe turning it into a business if I can get good again.
Home planning and renovations.

Ever talk with Art Bell before he died? He was a semi famous fringe radio host. Coast to coast AM and then later on it was midnight in the desert and I think for a short time his program was called dreamland. All mind fluff conspiracy theory stuff but interesting listening. He was a HAM operator out of Nevada for years.

Hi Clint, I am familiar with Art and his show, I listened and laughed a lot. I never spoke to Art nor did I ever encounter him on any of the Ham bands. Would have been fun to talk to him though. He was quite a character. Lol

Nice. Tons of laughs is right. My favourite episode was the Mel’s hole one. Or the Area 51 employee that phoned in all panicked because “they” were after him. Honestly any of his shows were good for a laugh. I used to listen to his program when I worked nights at a truss making factory. Ahh the good old days.

Just a piece of lint on the photo when I scanned it.

Lol awesome. Looks kind of like a periscope. I saw a video once of some surfers at long beach and they had some killer whales swimming near( not right beside but close) by. Ever have that happen? Would have to be a little freaky I’d think. And I’ve often wondered how you avoid logs and other obstacles in the water when your in a curl like that?

Nice. Tons of laughs is right. My favourite episode was the Mel’s hole one. Or the Area 51 employee that phoned in all panicked because “they” were after him. Honestly any of his shows were good for a laugh. I used to listen to his program when I worked nights at a truss making factory. Ahh the good old days.
My favourite was the guy who phoned in saying he bought a time machine at a government surplus sale. Lol

Back