• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Sharp plastic scraper and a gentle heat gun. Maybe a bit of acetone for final wipe down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mineral spirits work well. I have used wd 40 on crazy glue and it worked wonders so I bet it would do the trick also

All the above products mentioned above will work but I dont like using acetone on fibreglass or gelcoat.
My personal go to is lacquer thinner for adhesives and it wont hurt the gelcoat.

I've used goo gone before. It worked pretty well. Today I tried a product from can tire called gasket remover. It's a spray on type that's not really meant for removing sticker glue but it worked better than anything I've ever seen. I sprayed it on and 5 seconds later was able to completely remove all residue, with a rag, from a sticker on my plastic airbox in my car. I'm not sure how it would work on fiberglass but it didn't damage the plastic airbox. I was pretty amazed at how fast it worked. I would definitely try it on an inconspicuous spot before coating my boat in it though, as it ate through my nitrile gloves in about a minute.

Gasket remover smells like polystrippa, careful on fibriglass could soften the gel coat.

Go to Lordco and buy "wax and grease remover" its in the paint section, wipe on wipe off, its safe, you can use it on fiberglass, plastic, your car paint ext.
Its used to wipe on, or spay on your car or truck to remove any wax before prepping for new paint. it will remove glue from the decals easily.

But your boat won't be as fast now without the flames on the side....

or.... one loss in the playoffs and your off the bandwagon???

I didn't believe it til I tried it...spread on some Mayonnaise, let it sit for a minute, then work it off with a rag. Works great to get sticker glue off stainless anyways...

Back