Prop choice

salmonkiller01

I need a bit more pitch on my twin 150 seapro props. Running 15p enertia right now but need to go to a 17. Anyone running eco enertia 17 in a similar set up. 5500 lb boat (seasport 22).
I am hitting redline need to go down a couple hundred rpm.
Sticking with merc props.

I am also running twin 2022 150 Seapros on a 24' aluminum which is roughly 4500-5000 lbs. I just bought a couple used 15X19 SS Solas which I think will put me in the sweet spot after trialing a set of aluminums at 15.3X19. I looked at the Enertias and figured they may have been a bit big for the Seapros because that 17p I think gets you into a 16" diameter prop which is getting up there, especially when you are turning stainless.

Or you could try the Sharrow props! I did a quick calculation and figured it would take me 25 years of cruising to pay for the savings in gas.

I've got a 17P Enertia on single a standard Merc 150, boat about half the weight of yours (1980's 18' Outrage) . I could go to a 16P. I top out barely above the minimum allowable WOT rpm at 5350. I tried a 17P Enertia Eco, mileage dropped. Can't remember what happened to WOT rpm. I switched back to the standard Enertia.

The Eco is 16". Standard Enertia 17P is 14.5"

In my experience (others’ may vary) I get better handling and performance from a larger diameter, less pitch prop than a smaller diameter, higher pitch prop when both reach the same or similar WOT.

Little off topic but if you decide to sell one of the props id be interested i have a 14.5x17p enertia on my rig but would like to gain some rpm.

Back