4D Battery Review and Options

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hi Guy's

I bought a New 4D Lead acid battery for the house Battery last year from hub power, hit was there internal brand Hub. Overall I have been super disappointed with the battery seems to always be discharged, my genius battery charger hates it and refuses to charge it most of the time. Anyway I think was my fault for going the cheep route.

I have decided to upgrade to a 4D AGM battery to match my two AGM starting batteries. It has been suggested that I either go with Discover or Odyssey. Anybody have any experience with these two brands which one would you recommend? Or is there a better brand, cost doesn't matter when it comes to power on the boat reliability is high on my list of priorities.

get a northstar agm - nsb-agm31m if you want the best.
otherwise i would really recommend you go for a dakota lithium dl135+

Isn't a 4 D more of a start battery?
I got 4 Rolls 6 volt 275AH AGM batteries for my house batteries. Very happy with them. Have 2 x 170 watt solar panels that provide all the power I need when at anchor. AGM charge up to 5 times faster and reach 100% charge much faster too. Even with a fridge and freezer I rarely go below 90% charge overnight.

They replaced 4 Trojan T105 flooded batteries.

I purchased mine at Polar Battery in Burnaby

Back