42 Canned Foods That You Do NOT Want On Your Boat

i would NEVER eat ANY of that shyte...EVER..holmes*

Ohh come on holmes not even that possum in coon fat gravy!!!:D

first_shot_beverly_hillbillies.jpg

Jellied eels were standard working men's fare in the East End of London in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. You can read all about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellied_eels
Not sure if it would taste so good out of a can though......

I have also eaten lots of luncheon meat (from cans) as a kid in London, 'cos that was all my parents could afford......

Last edited by a moderator:
"I remember having canned bacon on my dads boat growing up, but it was from a company in denmark called tulip"

YES!!!! I love that stuff!!! It was a staple on our moose and cariboo hunting trips up north for many years!! It also was great for supplementing the fat in the moose tongue meals we ate ... Good stuff!

I remember the canned tulip Bacon.... that I liked...i think...?

I also remember the canned Chickens..that were GAWD AWFUL!

We kept the canned stuff like that at the cabin we had in Northern Sask. when I was a kid.

Still alive today!

Hey Holmes....would you eat any of that stuff if you were on "Fear Factor" for $50,000 bucks?

When I watched the stuff they were eating on the last episode I almost hurled over the coffeetable......

This stuff doesn't look so bad compared to what they have to scarf down.....

here is another one, i'll pass thank-you very much......holmes*

fight-comment-spam-300x296.png

Damn it holmes! Quit Spamming the forum! ;)

Years ago, we had a part where the theme was Spam. Every dish brought to the party had to have Spam in it. I made Spam Sushi - it wasn't half bad. But I would never do it again unless the party rules demanded it. There was some very creative dishes brought. I seem to recall Spam Fried Rice, and some sort of Spam pasta.

I have a can of Spam on my shelf now - I think it's been there for about 2 years. Haven't been hungry enough to open it yet. It does improve with age... right? Right, guys... guys???

Anybody ever get the canned cheesecake that they were selling at Esperanza back in 2003 - 2005?

There was a guy who was selling them for I think about $3 or $4 a can. He used a standard small salmon can. He had them plain, with chocolate sauce and I think strawberry sauce.

They were really good if you used them right away, but I had one for about 6 months or so and when I opened it up there was mold covering the top of it.

I don't know what the problem was, but he stopped selling them shortly afterwards.

i can go into the forest and find better stuff than this, geebus murphy, i dont really eat much of anything out of a can...if i were forced to ingest this stuff, i'd be heading..... TO THE CAN,lmao...holmes*

Ya, same here. There are few things that are improved by locking them in a can for a year or so. Chickens ain't one of them!

Green Giant Niblets Corn is one of the few things I can eat from a can, but I prefer the frozen product. Of course, fresh is always best.

One of the worst things about living in Tahsis is trying to get fresh produce. :(

same thing in my town, unless you like wrinkled bell peppers for four fricken dollars a piece, or moldy ginger, or wilted romaine for an arm and a leg,lol...i hear ya on that front.....holmes*

I've shopped in your town a few times. It's not perfect, but it's far better than Tahsis!

At least you have a butcher and fresh meat - pricey - but fresh. And more than 2 restaurants.

As a general rule, I figure that if I can get to your town, then getting to Campbell River is easy. That gives me 5 major grocery stores including the new Wal-Mart SuperStore plus CR Restaurant Supply... and a bunch of quality Tackle Stores!!!!

You know you've been doing some serious grocery shopping when you can feel the change in handling of the truck you are driving!

Back