4.3l V6 merc I/O Wanted

wildthing

Hi all my I/O 4.3l 262 V6 Merc may be giving up

so looking to replace??????

or looks like at least a good working 4 barrel carb
can't even get out the marina without it breaking down and wanting to get out fishing:(

will even go to the island if needs be

thanks all

John

are you looking new or used John?

If new, I could offer a few options that I plan on going through when I repower in spring.

If used, I keep a pretty keen eye on craigslist and could let you know if I come across something. Carbed?EFI? price range?

Cheers

Cheers FB

my engine is early 90's pre vortec and would perfer the crabed version
used or newish
as just have not got the work coming in to buy a crate motor
really tempted to have one shipped up from the US to the border and go pick it up on the pallet
but if i do that mite as well go the whole nine yards and get a new engine & alpha leg as well for the deals are mostly under 10K

just missed out on a rebuilt one in a 24' bayliner with new 20hp stk kicker for 4K that included a slip as well at the marina...

so really looking in the $1500-3000 range

If your looking for a carb, my last inboard I put a NEW edelbrock 600cfm marine carb on for less than 400 bucks, smartest thing I had done great on fuel and ran well. Lordco gets them and ask for a better price when they say 600!!

I will keep a lookout on craigslist for ya....if you don't mind a little travel it opens up your options of course...I look all over the country and US when I'm looking for motor possibilities as UPS or DHL doesn't care if it is shipping 5 miles or 500 :p but I will keep you informed with the local stuff that I see..

New cost on a 4.3 in the places I look is about 8kUS (google: michigan motorz) I like these guys because they sell bobtail engines that are ran and tuned prior to shipment, and they offer completely new engines (including a new GM block, not a remanufacture) for little more than an engine built with a reman'd block.....good luck with the search!

I have a 4.3 with a 2 bbl, when I have 3-4 people on board i can't get on step and man does she like fuel. I have a 21 ft. bayliner trophy and after reading this thread I was wondering if going to a 4 bbl would make that much of difference.

Thank-you for your advise
Tony

sweet guys....been super busy and haven't had a chance to pound craigslist in the last week...I apologize for my lack of help thus far WildThang! Luckily this forum has an abundance of helpful members.

Cheers to all!

thax guys seen that one and there are a few others on the C/list as well but keeping options open for the moment
going to try figure if its electric spark dizzy or carb fuel issue
before pulling the boat from the slip

Back