3 southern resident killer whales declared dead by the Center for Whale Research

Actually I had a MAJOR brain malfunction in my last post; thought maybe one or more of you smart butt "scientists" would have caught it:

J pod appears to spend about 100% of their time in BC = 33%
K & L pods each spend about 25% of their time in BC = 16.5%

BC's impact of their collective diets would be 33+ 16.5 + 49.5%

There numbers were calculated After all the dams in the states went in, Can you provide me with pre columbia river dam numbers??

There numbers were calculated After all the dams in the states went in, Can you provide me with pre columbia river dam numbers??

these numbers are in response to your statement about amazing number of feed for them around the south coast with my point being that collectively they spend about 50% of their time in BC with my point being that you & many others are not aware (or whatever) of the fact that the other 50% (at least in my opinion) matters as far as starvation is concerned. If you look online you can track their movements (K & L pods being the long distance travelers) & see how they go between the Columbia River & Sacramento/other California rivers a few times in their 9 months away from BC (month or so is spent chasing Chum Salmon down in Puget Sound). The spring runs on the Columbia start in February & the Sacrameno has a winter run of Chinook.

Back