2nd Annual SFBC Derby

What about a 50/50 or 25/75 style derby for forum members? There could be a low minimum size length to get yourself into the draw. Could even be catch and release if you were quick with the tape and the camera. $40 paid up before May first would get you your $10 per month for the months of May June July and August. Actually maybe as long as the $10 was in before the last day of the previous month we would raise more money if the word got out over the summer resulting in each months totals growing. There would be a draw each month. So you would have four chances to win. We could come up with a predetermined list of fishing charities from all over the province. Each month’s winner keeps their share of that month’s money and chooses, from the list, their favorite charity for the other portion to go to. On the night before the first of each month a common fishing item can be announced and that must be in the pic to get your fish entered. You have a month to catch a fish that qualifies and post it to the forum.

Using Owens numbers, if 200 members entered, your $10 could get you between $500 and $1000 and four charities would get $1000 or $1500 each depending on the split decided on.
I was bummed that I was unable to enter last years Banana Challenge as I really liked the aspect that any fish can win. A month of fish pics to look at isn’t a bad thing either as everyone posts their pics and the stories that go with them.

I like the BBQ at the end of the summer idea as the other big aspect of this thing is the get together. Not sure how to deal with that if we are going to involve the whole province.

Just my thoughts after reading the posts from today. I’m sure there is a million different logistical hurdles and maybe even legal ones but thought I would keep the conversation going.

The first thing that has to happen is for someone to step up and be the leader on this. I can't this year as my time is already committed elsewhere.

An outline that has been worked on has been given to Admin to look over to see if we can put the SFBC name to this idea.

Hoping people that are in the know can keep quiet for a few more days. About 20 other SFBC members have been given an outline of what is trying to be done and I have received some really good input and support so far.

Volunteers will be needed. So if you are willing to be on a list of people willing to help please PM,email or call me with your location, email address and phone number. Without volunteers I won't be able to go any further.

So far there are 6 members that have volunteered.....

Details should be up by the 1st of March if its a go ahead.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a month long derby outta Nanaimo?
May, 40$ buy in with 40%,25% and 15% going to the top 3 winners and the remaining 20% going to the. Local hatchery.
Have a BBQ windup at the end to award the prizes???
so what do you guys think, any intrest in a derby like this??? If we can get a few more volunteers, myself included, we could make a go of this

Well I got the green light today... :) More details to be posted hopefully by March 1st. Just working out a few last details.

Items and People Needed

More Volunteers needed in LML, Vancouver Island especially Nanaimo. Not big jobs just might need to ask you to take on some small tasks with helping to step up and pitch in here and there and make this successful

Will need to find an event tent(s) in Nanaimo for Oct.4th 2014 incase of rain.... Hence why I need volunteers. I don't want to have to drive up and down the highway all summer.

More donated prizes (some nice ones have already been offered) Thank You,

A PO box or business mailing address in the Comox Valley so entires will be securely collected.

Please PM, email, text or call me if you can help out.

Back