28ft North River By Auction

The haul alone is worth about $130,000us. Has electronics just needs power. I want it......

Tuna Killing Machine

Last edited by a moderator:
They just auction off a kingfisher in Vernon a 2011 that had twin yamaha 150 and a 9.9 kicker and it sold for 75k.

Nice hull for sure. It will be interesting to see what it goes for. Slap twin 250 opti's on the back and that's one quick tuna killing machine!!!

Are you going to bid on it FA?

Anyone know the story on this hull? Can only assume it was a guide boat and buddy made the motors go bang and he is out of business or something?
wonder what the starting bid is?
I might register and take a stab at it.

Toss a couple lease returns on it and you'd likely have a killer boat for under $100,000 I'd think. I would think that package as it sits must be worth $75-80. What do you think?

I would not bid more than 65k for that boat by the time you power it your up to 90. 90k goes along way of you know where to look!!

This boat oddly looks like a boat that I think either West Coast or St. ???Jean's??? was running for Halibut and bottom fish before the bankruptcy?? The motors of course would have been leased which is why there are none.

All the same, at Auction, the stupid smoke gets pumped, and people pay retail, sometimes new, and forget about the Buyer's fee of 10 % on top. I have given up going to auctions. Rarely a deal, and always a waste of time. Often the stuff has serious mechanical problems, and it is sold "as is".

Drewski

Yup, I agree with that! Only boat I ever bought at an auction was the worst piece of crap I ever owned.Stuff goes to auctions because it's hard to move. Most people get caught up in the moment and end up spending too much. I did. Then you find yourself having to bid on the trailer it's sitting on and paying too much for it. At least this one comes wifh the trailer but Be Carefull!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sticking with my $65k. Fair price for that hull

I'd be wanting it for more like 45-$50k by the time you power it. New engines are going to run you 40k. Even getting it at $50k, add auction fees, it gives you $95k with tax on the boat and motors ($106,000.00) into that boat. The new one is $118,000.00 usd but bet you could get it for the equivalent of $118,000.00 CDN plus tax or less ($132,000). Not enough difference for me for 7 years older on the title and having a brand new boat. Not saying you can't fire used engines on it but then the boat is worth less. But... I don't doubt it will fetch more at the auction. Just my opinion.

That one you posted is a 25 and this is a 28 so there is some value there also.

drove past it.. had a few good looks at it with the binos it sure looks rough.

Not that I'm interested in this boat. Cause I'm not. Already not liking the price of fuel in my boat. But that being the case it should be had even cheaper if you want to walk a away with a decent deal.

Back