2024 Steveston Herring Sale

Herring are lovely fried in butter with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown. The fins and tail will be crispy and delicious.
This is the best food that you can buy. All free range and organic.

If you chop the heads off and clean the minuscule guts out, bury the discard in the garden at the base of your rose bushes or what have you.

It’s a product from heaven.

How’s the situation at Steveston? Do I need to line up early for my 11:00 am slot?

Or if you miss the sale--- jigging is a lot of fun too. Another way if you dont have a boat , is to wander down the French Creek dock during the herring fishery when some of the local boats are landing... with a case of Lucky . 🥴 Trade a bucket for a case !! Done that several times over the years.

Verdict:

If you don’t like eating herring, you’re wrong, because you haven’t tried these.
Really???! I tried grilling them and they were terrible. Didn't try frying them

Very impressed by the operation, didn’t even have to get out of the car. Gonna fry some fresh fillets and see for myself how they fare. Definitely going to make this an annual tradition from now on.
X2
Very well organized

And most importantly a great cause to be donating to! I can tell you every dollar, every volunteer hour, every smile, means so much to these kids and their families. Thanks to all that take their time to support, volunteer, and donate to kids with cancer.
IMG_0551.jpeg

Picked up my two bags. Very well run program.

Couldn’t believe how many people were getting herring…Stopped in at PNT after for some retail therapy, they said folks have driven down from Prince George, over from the Island, up from Washington etc just for this herring sale. 60 tons sold?

Forgot how much herring 40lbs was🤯 Selected about 30% (smalls) for trolling, 40% for raw dog treats, and chopped/ground up 30% XL’s for traps. Should be set for a while…

Picked up two bags with @Tiki and sorted them. We are freezing the ones for salmon on sheet trays and then vacuum packing tomorrow. The big ones will be crab and prawn bait. I was wondering about using them for sturgeon @leaseman you seem to be the sturgeon master thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpeg
    IMG_0945.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0947.jpeg
    IMG_0947.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 67
Back