2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Very lumpy. I was heading to Cowan around 10:30 and turned back and went to Point Atkinson to let that squall coming out of Howe (howl) Sound calm down. Then later I went back to Seymour Bay and Cowan area and it was still very lumpy.
See any fish out there ?

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow. Looks like the wind is going to start tapering off later today. I have such a headache after reading DFO regulations. I believe what I see is that I can drop prawn traps by HITW and also near Point Atkinson (I know about the closure by passage). I can fish for and retain chinook over 64, wild or hatchery at HITW or South Bowen. No coho. If I am headed onto DFO‘s, most wanted list, could someone please let me know? I think the plan looks OK, but I’m just not an expert at interpreting the labyrinth of websites and regulations.

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow. Looks like the wind is going to start tapering off later today. I have such a headache after reading DFO regulations. I believe what I see is that I can drop prawn traps by HITW and also near Point Atkinson (I know about the closure by passage). I can fish for and retain chinook over 64, wild or hatchery at HITW or South Bowen. No coho. If I am headed onto DFO‘s, most wanted list, could someone please let me know? I think the plan looks OK, but I’m just not an expert at interpreting the labyrinth of websites and regulations.
try the fishbc app

62cm, but yeah. Seems legit.

28-4 is closed in Howe sound for prawning but you will not be in that area at HITW
Chinook retention until end of march 62cm minimum

Slow day, until this spunky marble peeled line. 140 on the wire 170 fow. The skinny G and herring aid flasher, in the usual spot. Marked very little bait, but kept grinding...light bite, looked like a shaker, took a no doubter run. Happy days.

Attachments

• 20240323 fish.jpg
    20240323 fish.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 186
1 to 4 in the freighters and mile markers. Aside from one 55cm undersized, skunked. Pretty cool orca sighting - huge male transient (never seen one so big) with two females in tow.
I took the kid out for a troll as well. 12-2ish? Two shakers, I blame her driving skills. She was too focused on the ice cream

Fished full day yesterday with 2 other guests around the Bell and N. Arm. Guests lost 2 really screamers around 11 am. The rest of the day was very quiet. Limit on the crabs though. Enjoyed the beautiful sunny and calm waters and of course was amazing to watch family of Orcas passing by.

South Bowen was quiet yesterday until presenting these neon glowing spoons and related flashers. Trailhead and super pearl UV chartreuse/black dots spoons. That brown ugly bloom out there certainly had us working for what little action we did get. Five or six hits in total, one chinook released was 60 cm plus a couple of other good hits but no keepers.

IMG_9630.jpeg

South Bowen was quiet yesterday until presenting these neon glowing spoons and related flashers. Trailhead and super pearl UV chartreuse/black dots spoons. That brown ugly bloom out there certainly had us working for what little action we did get. Five or six hits in total, one chinook released was 60 cm plus a couple of other good hits but no keepers.

View attachment 104555
Only salmon bite I got yesterday was on a trailhead

Anyone plan to fish this long weekend before they close it on Monday? It looks a bit windy but should be fishable.

Back