2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hopefully the last of my toasted Jeep should be getting sold today. Which is great news because it was blocking my boat and preventing me from going out. Hope to get out soon.

Update: Down to the tub. Anyone need a rust-free TJ tub? 😂
IMG_8289.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8283.jpeg
    IMG_8283.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Just docked at horseshoe bay in the ferry. Working instead of fishing unfortunately. One guy trolling at hole in the wall. Water is glass but tons of drift wood in the water.

Picked up my buddy at the airport and we were lines down for 8 am off the north arm.

A hour later we had two in the box from 160’ - 180’ contours. One marble, be red. One hatchery, one wild. Both mid 60cms. Lots of fish out there.

IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7959.jpeg

Should we have a “Biggest Cod”leaderboard, where the winner gets to bear the title of “Codfather” for the season?

You can troll them or you xan also jig for them. I've caught them on many different jigs so I think the mist important thing us to find them. A Norwegian jig would work well .... they were made for cod.

Went for a little shakedown after getting 1/100th of the gear back on the boat. Bit of a wind around 1PM when I got out so I headed straight out past QA. Did a couple passes and had two hits at 180 feet that didn't stick. Interesting. Finally made it back to the bell and had two scrappy 61cms at 135 and 155 in 150 feet of water. Both on spoons. No love for the hoochie. Had to call it early so missed the low slack. I don't know how to feel about being back on the boat...

Went for a little shakedown after getting 1/100th of the gear back on the boat. Bit of a wind around 1PM when I got out so I headed straight out past QA. Did a couple passes and had two hits at 180 feet that didn't stick. Interesting. Finally made it back to the bell and had two scrappy 61cms at 135 and 155 in 150 feet of water. Both on spoons. No love for the hoochie. Had to call it early so missed the low slack. I don't know how to feel about being back on the boat...
Keep it!!

What kind of metal were you dangling at them ?

Back