I'm obviously not in the know on this history, but looking forward to our BYOB trip to Port Eliza in August.

We had a great trip putting in the docks and ramp on Saavedra Island. Getting the power and water working is always a project.

Then some prawning and a little bottom fishing so we could have our prawn and fish taco night.

The weather and water conditions were amazing.

Nothing compares to a Jumbo Nootka Prawn.

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpeg
    IMG_0899.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0906.jpeg
    IMG_0906.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0913.jpeg
    IMG_0913.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 211
Brentvivian75, it is not good in July.

After the commercial opening there is not much left.

The best chance is to find spots that are tucked away that a 2000 foot string could not have got into.

You can always get enough for a steak and prawn dinner.

Went for a weekend trip out to Nootka with the wife and kids. Fished friendly cove to eagle rock and in along the beach. Lots of action each morning until the tide change. We boated 4 per morning 15-18lbs. Family had a blast. Several more lost. Orcas and Dolphins came through as well. Found a few lings in around the rocks as a bonus. It was windy but overall was a great early trip. Big eye spoons and Loony Spoons with green on them seemed to work. 35ft seemed to be the ticket. Even got a ling trolling at 35ft in 75ft of water. Back out with some buddies in 2 weeks.

Went for a weekend trip out to Nootka with the wife and kids. Fished friendly cove to eagle rock and in along the beach. Lots of action each morning until the tide change. We boated 4 per morning 15-18lbs. Family had a blast. Several more lost. Orcas and Dolphins came through as well. Found a few lings in around the rocks as a bonus. It was windy but overall was a great early trip. Big eye spoons and Loony Spoons with green on them seemed to work. 35ft seemed to be the ticket. Even got a ling trolling at 35ft in 75ft of water. Back out with some buddies in 2 weeks.
I’m so jealous. I can only do 1 trip there this year early Aug. Keep up the great updates boys.

Back