Status
Not open for further replies.
All summer would have been better than just August. I was away in May and missed the MSF. That said, I agree with you. And before Admin gets involved... 😀 looking forward to more fishing reports!

launched Monday at Fleming in the dark and worked the lump and all that dang floating rafts and chunks of Kelp and weeds from just before 6 till 830, then left with one around 76cm.

One other fish on for a few seconds but it never saw the surface so no idea what it was, but definitely smaller so possibly a pink, oh and a small rockfish that swam away.

20230828_084003.jpg

Awesome video.... I finally got a camera going this year too. This is from my day I posted about a couple days ago... enjoy! A little easier solo when you don't have to row...

Great video and camera quality! The political talk radio almost put me to sleep though.

Pretty quiet out there this morning. Lots of boats but man, what a difference a week, some rain and a full moon makes. Didn't see anything of real size caught, saw saw a couple nets out. We managed a 9# and a 7#. No one at the ramp had anything .

Fished the Victoria waterfront this morning. At 6 am there were 18 boats and by 715, there were 40+ boats.
Today we landed a 77 and 88cm fish and I lost mine. We also fished out a little deeper and got nice size Coho but all unclipped.
Fish were in 120 ft of water and 70 ft on the DR. All on bait.

When fishing the Vic waterfront, the new rule of the road is go all over the place and pass green to green. What a gong show of drivers today.

Attachments

• VW Sept 1..jpg
    VW Sept 1..jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 51
Saw the Vic Harbour gong show ramping up so headed down to Oak Bay Flats. Caught and released a 7lb Spring but all in all not much action for me. Same boat issues down there, but less boats and more seaweed.😃 Beautiful day on the water though.

Fished the Victoria waterfront this morning. At 6 am there were 18 boats and by 715, there were 40+ boats.
Today we landed a 77 and 88cm fish and I lost mine. We also fished out a little deeper and got nice size Coho but all unclipped.

When fishing the Vic waterfront, the new rule of the road is go all over the place and pass green to green. What a gong show of drivers today.
With everybody promoting this area in the last month I am not surprised Welcome to the gong show.

Launched from Esquimalt at 6am. I think I got the last parking spot. Counted 70+ boats out front at one point. Got a 11# nook in the tub around 8am close to brotchie. I only saw one net in the air all morning. Got off the water at 11am. I'm thinking its time to target other areas. Tomorrow it will be a real gong show out there.

Here’s one that didn’t get away while fishing with Doug and Fred today.

Attachments

• 1F5323AE-B685-4C0C-B3E8-374BDD8DFDF5.jpeg
    1F5323AE-B685-4C0C-B3E8-374BDD8DFDF5.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 117
  • F5F19192-951B-4CE8-8946-4B4D01450C0A.jpeg
    F5F19192-951B-4CE8-8946-4B4D01450C0A.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 124
like others said, super busy at Fleming boat launch and tons of boats but didnt see a lot going on. We went away from the pack down in front of Esquimalt harbour and picked up one around 10lb and couple shakers before slack tide. During the slack jigged around Brotchie for cod for bit and released a 63cm ling and got a huge black rockfish. Back to salmon had a double header off Mcauley around 1pm.

Started out at the waterfront at 5:45, pretty quiet, didn’t see much going on. At about 8:30 I headed out to do a pass at Brochie before heading down to Clover following the structure. Spent about 4 hours down at clover and all I had to show for it was 1 - 5/6lb spring that I released. Current & wind was starting to pick up so I picked up and made my way back tot he breakwater. Got set up and within 15 minutes I had a fish on, landed a 74cm. Hung out for about another hour and packed it in.

my main rod ,set at 66’ with my same setup caught both fish today, had two other rods going with lures, from 35‘-87’……Nada

Attachments

• IMG_0960.png
    IMG_0960.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Evening fish off the waterfront. Pretty quiet. Lots of weeds. Only fish action was a double header of coho of Brotchie at about 6:30. Beautiful evening with three cruise ships arriving. Lots of bait coming up just around dusk but nothing else for me.

Fished the waterfront Saturday morning in the derby . Wasn’t much of a bite but managed to pull this 25.5 white out of the hat .
We ended up in third place so no prizes for us .
Just another stellar morning off the waterfront .

Attachments

• IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3394.jpeg
    IMG_3394.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 210
Fished the waterfront Saturday morning in the derby . Wasn’t much of a bite but managed to pull this 25.5 white out of the hat .
We ended up in third place so no prizes for us .
Just another stellar morning off the waterfront .
Nice fish! What the heck is the white stuff on that downrigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back