Late post:

Out on the water (mud hole) and set up just after 9, landed a 75cm at 9:45, on herring. Then we sat and waited for the search party to come find their long lost companion, but no one came looking. Packed up 2:45.

13 crabs in the lone trap, 6 keepers.

Needed a boat day so went out with a buddy from Esq at 11:30am. Tried all my favourite spots and changed up gear often. Put in 6 hrs and not a bite and marked only a few fish. Was a beauty afternoon and managed a few crabs at the end of the day. The tug is the drug and I’m feeling short changed lol.

Needed a boat day so went out with a buddy from Esq at 11:30am. Tried all my favourite spots and changed up gear often. Put in 6 hrs and not a bite and marked only a few fish. Was a beauty afternoon and managed a few crabs at the end of the day. The tug is the drug and I’m feeling short changed lol.
I feel your pain with needing a day on the water. Two weeks waiting for a part after my steering cable failed. Latest update was it’s suppose to be here today or tomorrow. If I get it I will be out the first day weather permits. The tug is a drug for sure. The good side is that I’ve done a lot of much needed cleaning of the boat and gear. Good luck out there.

Out recently with some parents from my kids school. Both new. Dropped anchor constance but it dragged... (what a drag that was) pulled up and went to the mud hole (actually I THINK it was the mud hole but I'm not actually sure what area is technically the mud hole). Dropped there and waited. Only got a cod in the next bit, then said "ok 20 more minutes and we are done" then we got 1 hali, then another shortly after.. got the final one not long after the 2nd.

All this as I was telling them we likely weren't going to get one as the lines started to go back far from the boat.... Fish made a fool out of me but at least my guest thought I was the best fisherman ever 😆. The hali were all chickens which was fine and good for the beginners to reel up. They bit on herring/circle hook on a full hoochie

Out today from 9:00 to 1:00 and ended up with 3 hatchery 2 about 5-6 lbs and a beauty of 12 lbs to suck us in for another hour of nothing .
Tuesday? I marked some fish and bait Tuesday out where the crab boats were laying traps in front of Saxe pt around 8 am, but was unable to get any takers.
Screenshot from 2024-04-23 14-01-14.png

Last edited:
Back