Status
Not open for further replies.
Out off McAuley 10:30 to 2. Really choppy with wind and current in different directions. No luck. Launch at esquimalt was busy...
Ditto. Too bumpy for me to get the rods in the water. :( An hour later back at the launch. :cool:

Out today off Esquimalt and Victoria. The water was a little on the rough side, but there were springs around. Caught 2 springs off the Victoria Harbour, both at the tide change, on the 90 foot contour and 80 feet on the DR. using No Bananas Skinny G's and glow flashers. Both hatchery.

Out today off Esquimalt and Victoria. The water was a little on the rough side, but there were springs around. Caught 2 springs off the Victoria Harbour, both at the tide change, on the 90 foot contour and 80 feet on the DR. using No Bananas Skinny G's and glow flashers. Both hatchery.
Hi 2xeagle16, can I ask why 80 feet on the DR in 90 feet of water? Are they not on the bottom in the winter? Thanks.

I was out there on Tuesday bouncing around with you mr Eagle. Despite the waves the rods were busy. Launched at 9:30-2:30 had 12 fish to the boat. Kept 3 on the day looking for that last bigger one that never came. Most were around 50cm but got a unicorn 67cm wild that took a couple good runs and scratched my itch. Cop car & Herring aid spoons were all we had down. Was sad I had to call it a day as the sun came out and the water flattened out but I had an appt to get to.

Attachments

• 03872C90-561B-4831-BFCA-6B2CDAD8F684.jpeg
    03872C90-561B-4831-BFCA-6B2CDAD8F684.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 80
Fished harbour mouth area 0900 to 1200. Slower with only a few 4-6 lbs. No Bananas at 90' in 100-130' of water.

There was a few boats trolling out in front of Royal Roads. Is there any herring spawning out that way?

Crab traps loaded with undersized.

I had a few hrs on Fri afternoon so got out with a good pal that had a license with no fish on it. We managed to change that. He played a few got a keeper 60 cm and felt the pain of loosing a bigger one.

Attachments

• 64108E62-E51F-4692-8879-6925EE169148.jpeg
    64108E62-E51F-4692-8879-6925EE169148.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 75
I was out there again Sunday PM. Reports from boats coming in were good. Seems most were out by Albert Hd. I stayed close to Macaulay as the weather was deteriorating. Fishing was great, but the waves were not. Two hours of bouncing around was enough. A couple in the 5-6 lb range and several smaller. 100' near the green marker. A couple of larger glow spoons seemed to out fish bait on this dark day.

I was out there again Sunday PM. Reports from boats coming in were good. Seems most were out by Albert Hd. I stayed close to Macaulay as the weather was deteriorating. Fishing was great, but the waves were not. Two hours of bouncing around was enough. A couple in the 5-6 lb range and several smaller. 100' near the green marker. A couple of larger glow spoons seemed to out fish bait on this dark day.
We cruised past you Sunday afternoon on our way to Esquimalt harbour. We were just putting time on the new motor. It is at 3.4 hrs now. It was pretty lumpy.

I was out on the "Mud Hole", I think. Lost count over 50 boats from race rocks as far as I could see out Constance Bank ways. Nothing at all for me or anyone I spoke to. Amazed how much one seagull can eat.
Several huge crabs in the trap, but all but a couple were too soft to keep.

I was out on the "Mud Hole", I think. Lost count over 50 boats from race rocks as far as I could see out Constance Bank ways. Nothing at all for me or anyone I spoke to. Amazed how much one seagull can eat.
Several huge crabs in the trap, but all but a couple were too soft to keep.
My day was similar. No Hali a few dogs and a good haul of crab. Amazing weather today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back