2023 Ucluelet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to Ukee tomorrow morning and will be there until Monday. I also will be at Island West marina. Look for the 23 foot striper with the hardtop, and Furuno radar on it. For those coming later (i.e.9th) drop by and I will give you any "intel" I can from where we were fishing and how we did. Good luck gents. I suspect it will be a bit thin out there.

Headed to Ukee tomorrow morning and will be there until Monday. I also will be at Island West marina. Look for the 23 foot striper with the hardtop, and Furuno radar on it. For those coming later (i.e.9th) drop by and I will give you any "intel" I can from where we were fishing and how we did. Good luck gents. I suspect it will be a bit thin out there.
You hearing less fish than the same time last year?

Well it’s red hot in Tofino so those fish are on their way

We are fishing until the 14th, so hopefully that will give them a little time. Halibut for a couple of days or a little run up north maybe to explore some new water :). My wife will find them, she always does. jc Tuna Maru

Just left on Tuesday ,fishing was hit or miss,lots of people were getting nothing, we put in our time and ended up with our limits in both springs and Hali. Flo and big bank were are main areas but we did try Wya and the red can with no love. Usual stuff turds and spoons and various depths for the 3 days we fished

Yes it's been slow near home. I've had to go over to Swale or Effingham to get all the salmon action for the guests. Lots of smaller, but fat keepers and some mid teen line peelers in the mix.

Wee G type lures in cop car or darker green were working well.

Attachments

• 20230702_161343.jpg
    20230702_161343.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Pulled up a pair of prawn traps close to Barkley Sound Resort. Had about 100ft of poly line that seems to have been cut -- no ball -- rope was draped over mine down at the bottom. Traps and line all look recent. If you can describe them I can get them back to you somehow.
Hi Tenmile, was wondering how you did prawning, we will be in ucluelet on the 9th and are hoping to find some if the commercial guys left any

Just left on Tuesday ,fishing was hit or miss,lots of people were getting nothing, we put in our time and ended up with our limits in both springs and Hali. Flo and big bank were are main areas but we did try Wya and the red can with no love. Usual stuff turds and spoons and various depths for the 3 days we fished
What are you calling turds ?

Can anyone comment on how long a wait it is for the single lane section of highway 4? Dragging the boat to Ukee in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back