Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes caught one on Sat. Had read your post. Cooked it up amazing. Like really really good. I was surprised. Thanks for the tip. Will be keeping more in the future as we don't want them in our waters anyway.
In Germany at their beer gardens they BBQ Mackerel over an open pit on sticks—very popular and tasty. Called Steckerlfisch.

Late report,, just like my start yesterday. Woke up an hour late so my fishing buddy had to wait patiently at Cheanuh for me to show up. Lines down close to 8am. Fished the normal spots around the Head and Trap. Lots of little coho and springs released. Released a couple of wild coho in the 4-5 lb range. Kept two clipped coho. My buddy lost a nice when his leader broke. Trolled back into the bay around 3pm and got a 9-10lb unclipped spring. Couple more loops in the bay but that was it. Slow but 3 is better than nothing..

Dont worry roland We used to have a guide that would bring in coho all the time thinking they were springs, thats definatlly a coho sorry to say.
There was a guy at the dock Monday with a mackerel telling everyone it was a skipjack. He was pretty excited about it.

well I think it’s time to transition to coho. Was out yesterday afternoon at Otter and not a sniff on springs . Had a couple of hits and wild coho but that was it. Amazing what a few days can do in September.
it was one of the best August I can recall except for the size of fish was way below what we use to see. Definitely getting smaller .
hope we see another little bump of fish once we get out of this long flood tide .
tight lines 🎣

Out of of pedder yesterday and on the hook for hali for a couple of hours. Not a sniff. Trolled in the bay for two hours and nothing so trolled up towards Race. At 3pm the bite was on for 20 min. 4 undersized springs to the boat, 2 clipped and two unclipped and then a 7lb keeper, unclipped. And then it went dead. Fishing is weird.

Well not too bad of a day, only thing was it was very foggy out there. Went out looking for Coho got 3 nice wild ones that I let go, all on spoons. Fished mostly Possession Pt & Secretary Is and little bit just infront of Sooke Harbour. Had the DR at 51ft and 42ft. Got a nice hit at 42' which turn out to be 15Ib spring (white) nice fight. IMG_5482.JPG

could only find wild Coho today. Got 7 or 8, 1 was really nice I thought it was a Chinook the way it fought. Guessing around 10-11 pounds. Came home with a small spring (52cm) that was a bleeder, so we decided we will eat it instead of the crabs, and of all things, a Pink. Thought it was a little late for them but saw a guy at the ramp with 2, so I guess they are still around.

Well not too bad of a day, only thing was it was very foggy out there. Went out looking for Coho got 3 nice wild ones that I let go, all on spoons. Fished mostly Possession Pt & Secretary Is and little bit just infront of Sooke Harbour. Had the DR at 51ft and 42ft. Got a nice hit at 42' which turn out to be 15Ib spring (white) nice fight. View attachment 97656

Some mighty whites rolling through I guess. We got one while fishing coho in 400’. 18lbs. Packing it in for Chinook till winter time.

No love for me today. Went for springs in the morning then coho. Only smalls. Harbour mouth/Beechey head.

Fished from 3:00 to 6:15. Only 1 wild coho. Trolled between the head and trap. Tried 100’ to 300’. Kids saw a few bait balls and a good numbers of markings on sonar. They were happily telling there’s fish at 50’ and 80’ and 120’. After 2 hours of nothing the were saying dad you suck. There’re so many fish marking on sonar and you only got into one. Well. All I can say is those are debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back