Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got out with the grandkids for pinks on Friday. You know that its been a while since you've had the boat out when the most excitement was discovering a small wasps nest about a foot from the captains head. There were only about a dozen on the little nest and with some deft killing blows from the blunt end of my fish bunker I got most of them. I tracked down the rest one by one and managed to finish them off. The rest of the crew were cowering in far corner of the boat:)

....and by the way, we were out off Beechy and eventually managed to boat four pinks and annoy at least another dozen. Shallow with red hootchies. y
This might be the best fishing report of the year! Nice work with the bonker!

Finally got out with the grandkids for pinks on Friday. You know that its been a while since you've had the boat out when the most excitement was discovering a small wasps nest about a foot from the captains head. There were only about a dozen on the little nest and with some deft killing blows from the blunt end of my fish bunker I got most of them. I tracked down the rest one by one and managed to finish them off. The rest of the crew were cowering in far corner of the boat:)

....and by the way, we were out off Beechy and eventually managed to boat four pinks and annoy at least another dozen. Shallow with red hootchies. y
Them things are so very hard t fillet... not much meat on them either

Is this thing a “secret” weapon or are you able to post a pic so us mere mortals could increase our chances of catching a fish. 🤓
Not a secret weapon at all. Just something I made from lures I got at a garage sale (and having fun with my kid) building it.

Nothing special about it. Just a pink squirt with a white/glow skirt under it. Can use single hook or double hook.

I think the swivel at the end helps with weight/ action keeping the hook in.

I call the first photo “Sir Super-Squirt-the-Third / deconstructed”

The magic happens when you put some fun and confidence in fishing a lure.

Attachments

• 9887666B-FB0C-4195-AEB9-158F8DBC4976.jpeg
    9887666B-FB0C-4195-AEB9-158F8DBC4976.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 144
  • E1B587BD-E108-45E7-8B5B-FE901674DB6A.jpeg
    E1B587BD-E108-45E7-8B5B-FE901674DB6A.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Not a secret weapon at all. Just something I made from lures I got at a garage sale and having fun with my kids building it.

Nothing special about it. Just a pink squirt with a white/glow skirt under it. Can use single hook or double hook.

I think the swivel at the end helps with weight/ action keeping the hook in.
Thanks for the pic Hot-Streak: Looks good. 👍👍

Launched out of Cheanuh today at 7:45. Decided to start at Aldridge and head towards the Shack. We also tested different spoon patterns before targeting some pinks. We released two smaller sized springs right away on the Swiftsure pattern. Next, I put on my modified Killy Magee and hooked into a spring around 18lbs. We then switched over to pink squirts and had solid action. Ended up keeping 8 pinks, releasing 4 springs and 1 sockeye. Pinks were all on the surface until 10 when they dropped down to 50ft. Finally a nice morning on the water.

Attachments

• IMG_20230718_124849838.jpg
    IMG_20230718_124849838.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 84
If you use this squirt setup then you have to send me 20% if your fish as a royalty 😆😆😆
Left the white skirt off today so I wouldn't have to send you 20%. ;);)

On the water out of Cheanuh this morning at 6:30 with a couple of Grandkid. Picked up a small clipped spring on the first pass in the bay. Made a couple more trips back and forth inside the zone with no luck so we headed outside. Picked up 3 clipped coho and two pinks between 10-11am. Nothing of any size except one nice Pink. The kids handled the rods all day, so lost a few but they had lots of fun landing the ones we kept. Picked up a 2nd clipped spring inside the zone on our way back in at 1pm. The Pinks were caught on a squirt but the other 5 fish were on herring aid Wee G and Skinny G. All fish caught at 60-70ft on the DR. All in all a great day on the water with the grandkids.

Fished the head from 12:30 to 4:00. Brought kid out today so we had squirts on and targeted pink.
A good number of double headers but all wild cohos. CnR 3 springs and a sockeye. Funny thing is not a single pink. Fished different depth from 82’ to 20’

Yeah we left later around 9:30. Fished to mid afternoon. Bluffs. Kept 5 pinks released a few smaller and caught a fair amount of Coho all wild. Overall steady bite but only a few moments of mayhem that we are waiting to have happen! Pinks were 50 ft coho shallower and deeper. Man marked a ton of fish that likely were chinook near 70-120 ft in 150 of water when we were closer in.

Out around the head from 7:30-12 today, but stayed out deeper in the 400' range and fished 40-110'. Saw only one pink today that got off just as the net headed down...otherwise many coho but all wild or small for us. Clearly missed the bite for pinks, was it in tighter to the rocks? This was supposed to be our tuneup for the Pink "take-a-kid fishing" festival this weekend, hopefully do better come the actual event.

Left the white skirt off today so I wouldn't have to send you 20%. ;);)

On the water out of Cheanuh this morning at 6:30 with a couple of Grandkid. Picked up a small clipped spring on the first pass in the bay. Made a couple more trips back and forth inside the zone with no luck so we headed outside. Picked up 3 clipped coho and two pinks between 10-11am. Nothing of any size except one nice Pink. The kids handled the rods all day, so lost a few but they had lots of fun landing the ones we kept. Picked up a 2nd clipped spring inside the zone on our way back in at 1pm. The Pinks were caught on a squirt but the other 5 fish were on herring aid Wee G and Skinny G. All fish caught at 60-70ft on the DR. All in all a great day on the water with the grandkids.
I saw you out there and wanted to come over to collect my fee but was busy with the pinks. You were just a bit further west then me. ;) glad the grandkids had a good time!

Last edited:
Out around the head from 7:30-12 today, but stayed out deeper in the 400' range and fished 40-110'. Saw only one pink today that got off just as the net headed down...otherwise many coho but all wild or small for us. Clearly missed the bite for pinks, was it in tighter to the rocks? This was supposed to be our tuneup for the Pink "take-a-kid fishing" festival this weekend, hopefully do better come the actual event.
They were a little shallower today. Fished 10-1 off the head and limited out on mostly pinks and 2 coho. My buddy with 3 people in his boat fished 9-12 and got his limit too.

Try pink squirts 45-68 on the riggers or run a third line on the surface with a diver or 8 oz slip weight. Try trolling cross current/north south next time till you find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back