Status
Not open for further replies.
2 per day under 90cm
1 per day over 90cm to 133cm
That is not correct unless there has been a new release. The latest one that I've seen is FN0100 and it states daily limit is 1 per day. 2 under 90 is your possession limit. Not the same thing. Refer to Thread "Early Halibut Opening" if anyone wants to discuss further so we keep it off of this Fishing Report Thread. Sorry I asked the question on this one,,,,,,Newf.

Out off of Pedder yesterday for Hali. On the hook from 8am -3pm. Really slow. Only one little dogfish. Got a little bumpy in the morning but calmed down in the afternoon. Currents were good so a great day overall. Probably a dozen or more boats anchored in the general area. Spoke to the creel guy at the dock who said there were a few salmon brought in and a couple of hali as well. Was going to go again today by too lazy for 2 early rises in a row so I slept in and did some work on the boat instead.

Did our first halibut attempt of the year out of Pedder. Put in a fine effort with 4 kinds of bait, fresh new rig ups and 5 hours spent on the pick. Unfortunately couldn't find a single bite today.

Hey guys, I'm planning to do expedition towards Sooke after hali. I did it twice but always was getting in to very strong currents. Could you recommend me what values of the currents please? Just want to increase my chances for success.

Hey guys, I'm planning to do expedition towards Sooke after hali. I did it twice but always was getting in to very strong currents. Could you recommend me what values of the currents please? Just want to increase my chances for success. The currents got to be under 2 knots. I recommend Murray's tables to check currents

Was out of Pedder with a friend that I hadn’t seen in 6 months. Trolled for a couple of hours and kept one 8lbs. Release 3 at the boat 3lb range. Ran out and dropped the hook at 10:30. Nothing but a couple of nibbles, probably dogfish. Current picked up so released from the ball and drifted. 5-10 min later and a few hundred feet from the ball, his rod goes off and he pulled in a nice 18lb chicken. He was one happy camper. First hali for him on this licence. Always nice when you can get a fish for a friend.

Well it was a nice sunny Wednesday day, with a gentle breeze. Started the day right out front of Sooke Harbour in 90-100 ft of water. Had both downriggers down near the bottom one had a AP spoon & the other had a big eye spoon with glow (green/white). With in 10 min got are first hit, on the Ap spoon that turned out to be 5.5lb hatchery. Move on got another hit, this one on the gibbs big eye, that turned out to be a nice 6.5lb hatchery. After that we released 3 more fish that were under size. Was back home for lunch, great on the water. Sorry no Pic's today.

Made it out to Becher yesterday in my kayak. Was out 7:30-1:30. Marked a number of fish early and shallow (65-100') and dropped the jig on their heads, but didn't get as much as a touch. It wasn't until after 11 when I finally managed to bring in an undersized. Maybe a half hour later, I passed over some nice marks and the line went slack mid fall. Yoink. Missed it. Damn. Made the same pass again. WHAM. Brought a decent 6 lb hatchery into the boat. I figured that was likely it for me as the day was getting on, so I started the paddle back. Of course I had to stop and jig at a few marks along the way. They weren't having it, though, so I figured I'd crank up and head home. As I was cranking up, maybe 30' from the surface, my jig gets smoked and the fish takes off like a big summer! After a nice battle featuring a few decent runs (I use mega light gear), I netted a chunky 64cm 8 lb hatchery. Filled the last two spots on my license right at the buzzer! I gotta say, that was the best winter I've had for size of fish in my three seasons from the yak (caught a 10 and a 15 in December). Looking forward to getting after lingcod and rockfish pretty soon.

CheanuhSprings.jpg

Out to Becher today. We fished from 8am-4pm. Few fish to the boat but mostly shakers. Ran to whirl bay and picked up one around 6lbs. 150ft on the rigger in 200ft of water. Back in the bay before pulling the pin we picked up another one around 5lbs, right on the bottom in 130ft of water. Tried bait and an assortment of spoons but both were caught on a herring aid Wee-G. Beautiful day out there today.

Should have cell all the way to renfrew soon. All the towers are up. Rogers though
Beacher bay tower is all carriers the rest are Rogers and they don’t play well with Telus.
I was told the towers would be shared. Can anyone confirm Telus will work on those Rogers cell towers?

I was down there checking on the guys and my telus phone was no service my buddy on Rogers had full service
Tax payers pay the bill for a Roger's monopoly???
Hoping TELUS users can access these towers this summer.
"Rogers Communications Ltd. has been selected to receive up to $4.9 million from the Connecting British Columbia program towards the cost of building the infrastructure."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back