Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fishing report, but just let everyone know that sidney has closed off one of the docks at tulista due to the fire on Thursday until they can inspect and repair the float
Anyone know why the jetski blew up? I assume fuel vapours exploding?

Anyone know why the jetski blew up? I assume fuel vapours exploding?
I have no idea why it started to burn but I was going to pick someone up there and when I saw the fire it was a glowing ball of intense flame. I had no idea what was burning at that point and later I found out it was a jet ski.

Also off Wymond today, this 65ish fish. Mid column in 140 feet with purple Mylar flasher and a green and chartreuse skinny g with a red blotch on the hook end. A bit of red on my lures made a big difference today. Nothing in its stomach. Unreal orange color flesh. Bait jumping everywhere. Other boats were catching too.

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpeg
    IMG_6140.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 69
I was out yesterday trolling around Hamley and Wymond pts. Got out around 10:30 and fished until about 1:30. Had the wife and kid on board for a beach picnic at Sidney spit. Caught a couple undersized springs and my daughter and I each played and lost a pin popper and reel screamer. I was using what’s been working for me in Victoria, herring aid spoons.

Hey all my Sidney folks! This thread has been pretty quiet lately. I just want to remind everyone of the upcoming Port Sidney Salmon Derby on Sept 9th. To all that have never entered this Derby, it is a fantastic event, tons of fun, and the prizes are good as well. The fuds raised go to Salmon enhancement. See the link below and come on out. Just a side note, I do not work for the Marina, I just like fishing. :)

I had the honour to fish in “the boat” with @carpeweekend in Sidney today. Anyone who fishes Sidney will know what boat that is. If you don’t you won’t miss it when you see it.

Spec-*******-tacilar day in sidney today!!

Went to moresby and dropped lines, got a couple of smaller fish right away. Gaff released.

Then at Gretzky in 150’ my green big eye spoon (@Original) approved, got a solid hit, and we bagged a feisty low teener. First ink on my 23/24 license!
Couple more hits later were either missed or under. Cruised home on water as smooth as asphalt.

I was graciously given the fish to feed my family and I’m just about to sit down to make sure it’s edible!

71545305636__C1A5626D-FCB7-4EBF-8D76-25C83BEAA380.jpegIMG_9683.pngIMG_9681.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all my Sidney folks! This thread has been pretty quiet lately. I just want to remind everyone of the upcoming Port Sidney Salmon Derby on Sept 9th. To all that have never entered this Derby, it is a fantastic event, tons of fun, and the prizes are good as well. The fuds raised go to Salmon enhancement. See the link below and come on out. Just a side note, I do not work for the Marina, I just like fishing. :)
Hi Popeye, do you know the boundaries for this derby? Is it limited to Sidney only?

Hi Popeye, do you know the boundaries for this derby? Is it limited to Sidney only?
I believe the boundaries are for the Sidney area, but you may want to double check with Port Sidney Marina. I am a big supporter of the Derby, but don't work for the hopefully you get signed up and get a few fish. Smaller than mine though :)

Reactions: cby
I believe the boundaries are for the Sidney area, but you may want to double check with Port Sidney Marina. I am a big supporter of the Derby, but don't work for the hopefully you get signed up and get a few fish. Smaller than mine though :)
Hi Popeye, thanks yes it's Sidney only based on Sidney Anglers association boundaries.

Other than 19-5 and 19-6 what other areas are open. The right side of Moresby when looking at the point. I think that is 18-4 or 18-6. I didn't think Coal was open as its in 18-6? Can others advise place that are open for retention of Chinook in Sidney Area?

Other than 19-5 and 19-6 what other areas are open. The right side of Moresby when looking at the point. I think that is 18-4 or 18-6. I didn't think Coal was open as its in 18-6? Can others advise place that are open for retention of Chinook in Sidney Area?
In the "Sidney" area of 18, only the Pender side of Moresby is open (part of 18-4). Most people who reference "Coal" mean the area just south of Coal in area 19-5.

Quick report. Afternoon fish at Wyman at the south end of Sidney Island on Monday with my Dad for his 86th birthday. Lots of bait and fish showing on the sounder. Had to release quite a few unders (4-6 pound Springs) but managed to land and keep this 10 pound Spring. Caught on a white jughead hootchie.

IMG_2127.jpg

In the "Sidney" area of 18, only the Pender side of Moresby is open (part of 18-4). Most people who reference "Coal" mean the area just south of Coal in area 19-5.

Quick report. Afternoon fish at Wyman at the south end of Sidney Island on Monday with my Dad for his 86th birthday. Lots of bait and fish showing on the sounder. Had to release quite a few unders (4-6 pound Springs) but managed to land and keep this 10 pound Spring. Caught on a white jughead hootchie.

View attachment 97495
looks like a wild coho to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back