Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know names of winners or where to find that out ?

Thanks
From their FB page:
Derby Winner! 🎣

Congratulations to our winners 🏆
Cam Wright 18.6lbs
Greg Ekholm 18.4lbs
Sean Hutchinson 17.2lbs

Draw prize winners
✈️ Trip to Hekate’s Retreat + The Clubhouse: Rex Robinson
🌊 2 nights at Bear Cove Cottages: Stephen Chester
🎣 Islander Reel: Paul Weeks

Shockwave Seats Module went to Nick Noble with Storm Sport Fishing for the hidden weight of 9.5lbs

Congratulations all!! All proceeds from today went to local salmon enhancement ❤️

From their FB page:
Derby Winner! 🎣

Congratulations to our winners 🏆
Cam Wright 18.6lbs
Greg Ekholm 18.4lbs
Sean Hutchinson 17.2lbs

Draw prize winners
✈️ Trip to Hekate’s Retreat + The Clubhouse: Rex Robinson
🌊 2 nights at Bear Cove Cottages: Stephen Chester
🎣 Islander Reel: Paul Weeks

Shockwave Seats Module went to Nick Noble with Storm Sport Fishing for the hidden weight of 9.5lbs

Congratulations all!! All proceeds from today went to local salmon enhancement ❤️

Thanks

Shout out to the Sidney Anglers association. Great derby! Thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors. Great bunch of people in the derby. Congrats winners. Here’s the end of derby leader board.

Attachments

• E0753869-739B-4360-8FCE-07AF1E4CF67D.jpeg
    E0753869-739B-4360-8FCE-07AF1E4CF67D.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 173
Shout out to the Sidney Anglers association. Great derby! Thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors. Great bunch of people in the derby. Congrats winners. Here’s the end of derby leader board.
Yes, a big thank you to the hard working volunteers that made this salmon fundraiser so successful. Without them it never would have happened.
Some of us are getting long in the teeth so looking for some younger blood to step up to continue the success.
Will have the final total raised tomorrow night at the Sidney Anglers monthly meeting.
7:30 Mary Winspear.

Was it just me or was fishing terrible today? 10 hours on the water without a keeper. Derby winner was a 18.6 lb followed by a 18.4 and a 17.2.
Guess there were some fish is a few locations. I also only had 4 undersize for the day. Fished tent, wain, arbutus rock

For those that dont know, cpony has been spearheading this derby for probably 10 years (most of the time voluntarily) so a lot of the credit of the success of the derby goes to him. He deserves as much thanks as anybody! It takes a lot of effort from a lot of people to make it happen.

Our boat fished mandarte and coal all weekend. 1st day we weighed in a couple 9lbers, yesterday we weighed in a 15. Released a few in the same 9lb range over the course of the weekend, and released quite a few undersized as well. We fished anchovies all weekend, right on the bottom, sometimes as deep as 300 on the downrigger (we hit a fish at 300) but mostly in 120-180 ft of water.

So with the non retention, is no one fishing? When can we reasonably expect the coho to show up?
Coho fishing is far from amazing in sidney. It’s amazing in sooke.
I hear of the odd school rolling through in the fall, and I’ve got a couple myself in September/October but the goofs at DFO don’t let us keep any unclipped for some reason.

Hello Sidney Experts!

Which is the best way through, instead of going around Coal island. 1, 2 or 3? Photo attached.

Attachments

• sid1.jpg
    sid1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 121
Got out this morning to hunt some marked fish. Started at Fairfax with not a sniff. Powered over to red can on the low slack, had something hit but nothing when I got my hands on the rod. Then mid channel in front of Powder, 120 feet I picked up this beauty on the standard greens and chartreuse hardware. The relief when it was alongside and adipose-free!d5b9daaf-38de-4b8c-a39f-a17026aaac12.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back